Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

3 minutes ago, 512high said:

Well Ray maybe we done. However, 1 year ago today ASH got 6.5" then on the 15th I got 9" of snow, plow equipment was all removed on the 25th....I just can't take that chance.

Sitting at 27.5"/compared to last season about 40.5"

I never got my free keychain on T-shirt from Eastern Mass Weather, maybe back ordered? Will see next year(ha ha)

No, I would never advise snow removal companies to disengage in March at this latitude if doing this professionally. 

As far as the T-shirt, getting one ready....."Eastern Mass Weather....wipe well with our forecasts"-

• Haha 11

Yeah ...  the ensemble means are still carrying on with an impressive signal overnight wrt to the 11th but there are plenty of reasons to doubt whether that'll mean much in the way of wintry result.

One aspect that is probably of lesser importance to most in this forum is that there is a new moon/spring tide between the 10th and 12th.   Some of the spread members of the various ensemble means are less than 980 mb ... and powerful Nor'easter implicated.  This system should be watched for the combinations of those factors.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah ...  the ensemble means are still carrying on with an impressive signal overnight wrt to the 11th but there are plenty of reasons to doubt whether that'll mean much in the way of wintry result.

One aspect that is probably of lesser importance to most in this forum is that there is a new moon/spring tide between the 10th and 12th.   Some of the spread members of the various ensemble means are less than 980 mb ... and powerful Nor'easter implicated.  This system should be watched for the combinations of those factors.

Yeah if we can’t snow, then I hope for some sort of damage. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

41 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s sad how far he’s fallen since 2015 and how fast it has happened over the past two winters. You wonder if the wife and kids are safe at home. 

Maybe we can get tblizz to go do a wellness check or at least console ea other.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

The damage to your emotional state this winter isn’t enough?

That’s why I’m happy we’ve been let out of this purgatory. Crawled out of the 500yd shit pipe Andy Dufresne style. We free.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah if we can’t snow, then I hope for some sort of damage. 

You are now DIW, Damage in Weymouth.  I guess your transformation is complete.  Will you be moving your obs site seasonally too?

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, mreaves said:

You are now DIW, Damage in Weymouth.  I guess your transformation is complete.  Will you be moving your obs site seasonally too?

All mets enjoy violence and damage. Every one of them. Don't let those who try to get all sanctimonious tell you otherwise.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Some call Kevin DITy, I guess we can call you DIWy.  

I kid around, but I appreciate the power of mother nature. Would never want it to cause harm personally or to anybody else...but we appreciate the awe. If that makes sense.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You are in the minority on that 

I second being in th minority. Yeah... The intensity of the Weather is awesome... But me personally do not want the " Intense damage from Wind or Ice ". If you want that... Then enjoy the damage to your house..lol

32 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

All mets enjoy violence and damage. Every one of them. Don't let those who try to get all sanctimonious tell you otherwise.

Even Wankum?? Is he secretly wishing for the roof of the bingo hall to be ripped off while he's spinning the bingo cage for the elderly folks?

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I kid around, but I appreciate the power of mother nature. Would never want it to cause harm personally or to anybody else...but we appreciate the awe. If that makes sense.

People have been here for decades and still can’t understand it. The morality stuff is tedious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

People have been here for decades and still can’t understand it. The morality stuff is tedious.

I appreciate the awe on youtube/twitter but no thanks IMBY. Had to deal with May 18 EF1 and that was enough damage experienced for a lifetime. 

I’ll deff chase when the kids get older but keep the worst away from my cocoon. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Time sensitive, but how about that boundary cruising in from the east. Not obvious to me that it’s a backdoor cold front though. 
Edit: maybe surface obs in Maine weren’t warm enough to notice, but HRRR cools us off after passage (a litte bit).

Yep. We cloudy after a glorious start earlier. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Lol.  I understand all of that and agree.  I'm just pointing out that your posting style is starting to resemble our friend in Connecticut.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Time sensitive, but how about that boundary cruising in from the east. Not obvious to me that it’s a backdoor cold front though. 
Edit: maybe surface obs in Maine weren’t warm enough to notice, but HRRR cools us off after passage (a litte bit).

Yep. Even 17 miles from the coast. Definitely a lot colder.