WinterWxLuvr

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Terpeast said:

Could be the last chance then that’d be all folks

I think we could get 1 more chance in March. Looks to warm up after the 23/24 chance but maybe during the second week of March?

With the debacle of the long range it's hard to know.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

I think we could get 1 more chance in March. Looks to warm up after the 23/24 chance but maybe during the second week of March?

With the debacle of the long range it's hard to know.

Its certainly possible. March waves tend to be crazy amplified but timing with cold air will be tricky esepcially this year. 

I’d be happy with one more chance to play in the snow with my daughter and call it a winter, though. That’s where my head’s at now

• Like 2

1 minute ago, snowmagnet said:

One of the best March storms was the St. Pattys Day one. We had about 13 inches here. Can’t remember the year…

2014? That's the one I remember from my senior year at JMU. We got ~9" in Harrisonburg, but just 15-20 miles south was bare ground. The N-S gradient was pretty crazy in the valley with that one.

Sure, maybe that one works out as well, but it doesn't appear it would be a significant storm. Probably just more of the same. Depending upon how well we do with this one Friday night/Saturday, maybe that one hits as well as pushes us to near climo for the year.

10 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Except every orioles player is hurt apparently :cry:

Beyond Bradish? Who else? When it comes to pitchers, that is all borrowed time -depth matters and the Os have depth and the ability to make more trades and/or signings to backfill if necessary. The Burnes trade so helpful already...

10 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Beyond Bradish? Who else? When it comes to pitchers, that is all borrowed time -depth matters and the Os have depth and the ability to make more trades and/or signings to backfill if necessary. The Burnes trade so helpful already...

Means is at least a month behind and won't be available until May at the earliest.

ETA:  And Basallo.

24 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

We have a chance with that one. Wasn’t even on the last run. Gfs meanwhile is on a different planet. CMC in the middle

yep. 00z eps wasnt the worst snowchart ever

• Like 1

We’re talking March in the mid Atlantic folks… we’re not going to see weeks of cold and snow. We can (unfortunately) toss the dream of the epic longwave pattern we thought would bring 2 weeks of sustained winter from late feb into early march. But not at all is lost.

If we’re going to hit, it’s likely going to be a super amped wave with good timing / track. Rain to 6” of snow that quickly melts? Certainly possible, even for the lowlands.

I honestly don’t mind march. You know… wavelengths and such. March is typically the northern tiers time for a paste bomb.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic