Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Weekend Rule? Saturday 2/17 - The Icon Storm

DDweatherman

Just now, Deck Pic said:

lol no.  More.  March is a winter month for us, especially you.  

Haha true. I’m just beat down and having nightmares about 500mb prime goldilocks plots for weeks on end in the long range thread just to watch it break down seemingly overnight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WEATHER53 said:

I’m catching up for last 2 hours so write first snd come back later. For answers. 
if I’m seeing 3 hour panels of .25 minimum and then another close to same and it’s 8-10 hour  event then majority of accumulations seem real low?

4-6 hour event.  0.30-0.35 qpf is a good bet for us.  I'd go no higher than 12:1 because we might burn a little on rain/mix at the beginning, and temps will be borderline.  I'd probably go 3-4" for you. 2-3" for me with my surface temp issues.

• Like 1

Haha true. I’m just beat down and having nightmares about 500mb prime goldilocks plots for weeks on end in the long range thread just to watch it break down seemingly overnight.

Brooklynwx fled as fast as those epic looks
  • Haha 6

33 minutes ago, Ji said:

Can we get a normal storm

In 2014 we nickel and dimed our way to 50 inches with these types of storms.  Most of them over performed by a lot.. one or two giving us a foot.  That winter taught me that you dont need a big wound up coastal to score here.  Sometimes you just need pressure/ temp gradient and vigorous ns energy diving out of the plains to get a nice normal snow storm.