• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Weekend Rule? Saturday 2/17 - The Icon Storm

DDweatherman

That isn't the UKMET's fault that's an issue with how the maps are generated.  For whatever reason no US outlets provide quality maps for the UKMET.  

weathermodels.com has good UKMET maps. But I can’t support them because I found out the owner of that project blocked me on Twitter when I’d never talked to them… lol. Guilt by association I guess
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

2-4  with a little lollipop of 4-6 riding the beltway north of DC and toward Annapolis, lol and one just north of PSU land...he could see it from his house

One thing I like about the euro, and some other guidance trended this way some at 12z, is it's amplifying the wave just enough to get a little better moisture transport across the thermal boundary and thus has a bit more uniform precip field.  It also is a flush hit with that better precip field right over our area...but it would mean less extreme winners and losers and just a more uniform snowfall across the area.  Not saying there wouldn't be the 5" v 3" type variability but would probably see less 5" to 1" type differences within small geographic areas within the precip field with the euro solution.  

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Looks on par with Jan 19 to me, if memory serves correctly.

If this verifies or trends any bit wetter, we have a low end warning event. LWX may not go that far because its a saturday

This has sneaky upside.  It's not really a clipper, its a progressive west to east wave that partially phases with the NS.  It's trending more amplified, but I think there is a limit to how far north it can shift given the boundary.  Lift looks maximized in the DGZ and mid level temps are cold.  Get this into the .35-.55 qpf range and this could reasonably become a 4-8" sneaky snowstorm.  

• Like 20

29 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

3z at the doorstep...not seeing any remarkable changes for us so far

10pm onset is utterly delicious

wrestling is over, night is not over, not sucking down coffee for a 3am onset that’s rain, had dinner with grandchildren earlier, obs thread will be stellar.  Could be woody material come crunch time !

• Like 7