joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2024 Valentines Day Who the Hell Knows - Comeback Thread

DDweatherman

13 minutes ago, EHoffman said:

Toss it

Yup...

In all seriousness, this one is cooked for us, but folks up north should be excited.  I would be.  We'd need a shift of about 50-75 miles to be in the game. Yeah, models are shifting south, but not by. increments we need.   NW crew firmly without the Goldilocks zone.

• Like 2

Just keep your fingers crossed that the trend is our friend here. Some American mesos jumped on it big time - could equally be an overcommit that gives way to the more modest adjustment south other models have conceded so far, or… the concessions will continue and we get whacked for commutageddon once again. I mean, we ALL know around here that the last minute south trend is a fixture of our storms, since about… a month ago.

I really dont understand the extreme negative approach to this by many altho most who are were no where to be found yesterday... This has huge potential to be a smoker North of Baltimore kutchera is 4+ on majority of the models with 10:1 being higher. PWAT is up around .7 a hour if its 10:1 its going to be a bust high of epic proportions.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

Yup...

In all seriousness, this one is cooked for us, but folks up north should be excited.  I would be.  We'd need a shift of about 50-75 miles to be in the game. Yeah, models are shifting south, but not by. increments we need.   NW crew firmly without the Goldilocks zone.

Yeah at this point I'd be happy with any flakes based on where we were 36 hours ago.  Trust me, I'm not generally optimistic about scenarios like this one :lol:

I really do think there is going to be an elevation marker that will make or break snow totals in this one. My gut is around 500ft +/- 50ft. It’s going to be that tight. 

I do like the northern crew on a line from the Catoctins across north-central Carroll and Baltimore Counties, then the northern tier of Harford and Cecil towards the PA line. 

Areas that have the best chance to do well are; Thurmont, Sabiasville, Taneytown, Emmitsburg, Manchester, Hampstead, Parkton, Jarrettsville, Norrisville, areas north of Rt 1 in Cecil, the entire southern tier of PA along the M/D. Additional areas that could cash decently include WV Panhandle, Mount Airy, Damascus, and terrain in Western HoCo. Any of these areas will have a shot at 2+” of snow imo with the best opportunity for high end advisory. 

Outside that is probably a 1-3” deal at best with the cutoff at 250ft elevation and south of I-66. 

This is my initial forecast just gleaning over everything and taking climo and BL temps into consideration. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, Stormchaserchuck1 said:

The GFS/NAM were showing 1-2" for the last storm at about this time, and the RAP/Hrr had 4-6", and some places got 6-7". 

Under did the two snow events and really didn’t get things right until 24-36 in advance.  This event was a big fat Zero 24 hours ago and this thread had zero responses for like 4-6 hours at one point 

im watching radar, wind direction shifts and satellite plus WVapor  now.  Models don’t matter 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Under did the two snow events and really didn’t get things right until 24-36 in advance.  This event was a big fat Zero 24 hours ago and this thread had zero responses for like 4-6 hours at one point 
im watching radar, wind direction shifts and satellite plus WVapor  now.  Models don’t matter 

I’ll ask what I always ask… what’s your forecast given what you are seeing?

9 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

I really do think there is going to be an elevation marker that will make or break snow totals in this one. My gut is around 500ft +/- 50ft. It’s going to be that tight. 

I do like the northern crew on a line from the Catoctins across north-central Carroll and Baltimore Counties, then the northern tier of Harford and Cecil towards the PA line. 

Areas that have the best chance to do well are; Thurmont, Sabiasville, Taneytown, Emmitsburg, Manchester, Hampstead, Parkton, Jarrettsville, Norrisville, areas north of Rt 1 in Cecil, the entire southern tier of PA along the M/D. Additional areas that could cash decently include WV Panhandle, Mount Airy, Damascus, and terrain in Western HoCo. Any of these areas will have a shot at 2+” of snow imo with the best opportunity for high end advisory. 

Outside that is probably a 1-3” deal at best with the cutoff at 250ft elevation and south of I-66. 

This is my initial forecast just gleaning over everything and taking climo and BL temps into consideration. 

is this similar to what you are thinking? 

https://x.com/matthewcappucci/status/1757165780666290588?s=46

19 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I’ll ask what I always ask… what’s your forecast given what you are seeing?

Thank you for asking.

Frederick and London  county , becomes snow between 4-6 am with 1-1.5”ph rates for 2/3 hours and 5-7” accumulation  

Montgomery and Howard flips 5-7am with 1-2 hours of 1-1.5” rates and 3-6” accumulation

DC  Fairfax and PG flips 7-8am and snows heavy at times ending between 12n-1pm and receive 2-4”

Anne Arundel and southern Md stay mixed  and receive 0-2”’

I predict an alarm clock setting of 5am

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

You’re watching water vapor?  Wow, that’s cool, bro.  They told me it was invisible in science class.  Dafuq do ‘they’ know anyways?

All kidding aside, nowcasting is a thing and is also an art.  What’s your forecast and for where?

ETA:  ninja’d. See your forecasts above.  Think you will bust high with ground truth, but good luck!  Seriously 

Thank you for asking.
Frederick and London  county , becomes snow between 4-6 am with 1-1.5”ph rates for 2/3 hours and 5-7” accumulation  
Montgomery and Howard flips 5-7am with 1-2 hours of 1-1.5” rates and 3-6” accumulation
DC  Fairfax and PG flips 7-8am and snows heavy at times ending between 12n-1pm and receive 2-4”
Anne Arundel and southern Md stay must and receive 0-2”’
I predict an alarm clock setting of 5am

Thanks! Best of luck… hope you are right.
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Will send you $5 to add “Monkton” to your list…

• Haha 2