Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations

Northof78

1 minute ago, North and West said:

You know what's great about this? We truly never actually know. That's part of the fun. People think they know, but they don't. We have good guidance but we can't nail it down. 

It was said in jest but rarely does the bullseye work out. I’d be thrilled with half of the 7-10 they’re predicting. Especially if it was towards the top end (5)

• Like 1

Indeed, I will say this is my first time tracking a storm in real time on this forum. I've been a lurker on here since Spring 2022, but there wasn't enough of a winter threat to track in real time (at least for my area), and it's been pretty fun to track this for the past 4-5 days with all of you. I've lurked on some other weather forum sites (not part of AmericanWx) as well, but thankfully, this site seems to be the most informative one in times like this (without endless hypecast on the other forum), and probably the most accurate site overall.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BoulderWX said:

It was said in jest but rarely does the bullseye work out. I’d be thrilled with half of the 7-10 they’re predicting. Especially if it was towards the top end (5)

Oh I know. Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you. Of course I would like it to bullseye us, but I'm also enough of an adult to be like, it'd be nice to have a moderate snowstorm and not have to deal with insane amounts of snow. 

• Thanks 1

Don't be surprised when the 00z runs end up even further South.

Most school districts around here have already called closings for tomorrow. 

I understand what the forecast was showing but there was no need to pull the trigger this early.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

I understand what the forecast was showing but there was no need to pull the trigger this early.

In all fairness the last school closing the forecast was 2-4/3-6 so why wouldn’t they close this time. I understand your point. 

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

18z seems to held serve hopefully things hold or even tick north a bit at 00z

2 minutes ago, allgame830 said:

In all fairness the last school closing the forecast was 2-4/3-6 so why wouldn’t they close this time. I understand your point. 

If 2-4 or 3-6 ends up verifying then fine. We could end up with way less than that up here. 

• Northof78 changed the title to 2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic