• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

Beautiful and efficient. High ratio stuff in the morning was clutch. I wish I knew how to do a core sample.

Final total of 13.0” on the board (9.4”/3.6”). Compaction happening fast after a peak depth a little over 13” earlier. 

This storm represented 95% of my entire snowfall last year, is only my second 12+ storm since moving back in 2018, and is tied with 12/16/20 for my largest recorded event here. For my snow hole location and given where we were last night I’m overjoyed. 

I’m also incredibly proud that we held our snowfall map and high impact forecast when the models tried to pull the rug here. 

Enjoy CT folks. We’ve seen these days don’t come easy or often. 

YCDfkhr.jpeg

ndFvpGG.jpeg

vpYKufn.jpeg

j0gfGEA.jpeg

• Like 9

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Beautiful and efficient. High ratio stuff in the morning was clutch. I wish I knew how to do a core sample.

Final total of 13.0” on the board (9.4”/3.6”). Compaction happening fast after a peak depth a little over 13” earlier. 

This storm represented 95% of my entire snowfall last year, is only my second 12+ storm since moving back in 2018, and is tied with 12/16/20 for my largest recorded event here. For my snow hole location and given where we were last night I’m overjoyed. 

I’m also incredibly proud that we held our snowfall map and high impact forecast when the models tried to pull the rug here. 

YCDfkhr.jpeg

ndFvpGG.jpeg

vpYKufn.jpeg

j0gfGEA.jpeg

Nice dude. Agree. Well done too.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Congrats to those in southeast MA right now!

Feels like most areas of southern/eastern SNE have had some seasonal redemption with this storm. Boston metro a notable exception. Not even a consolation inch for this "snow emergency".

The "what happened" headlines beginning, with several met thoughts here, many saying they would have made the same exact forecast given the data until Monday afternoon:

https://www.boston.com/weather/weather/2024/02/13/meteorologists-react-drastic-shift-mass-snow-forecast/?p1=hp_primary

image.png.92ef282d1a7c051ebcad942f3fd49027.png

Eh. they shouldn't feel bad. Majority on here would have made same exact forecast through Tuesday afternoon.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, scoobydoo1 said:

Just left nausset beach... Drive home to Brewster /sheep's pond was slow with 1/4 mile vis. 

Heavy band is pivoting overhead.. Getting clobbered... Would be shocked if we  don't eclipse 12"

I've stayed in that neighborhood. Love it there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

YCDfkhr.jpeg

ndFvpGG.jpeg

vpYKufn.jpeg

j0gfGEA.jpeg

You work for a weather vendor?

8 minutes ago, scoobydoo1 said:

Just left nausset beach... Drive home to Brewster /sheep's pond was slow with 1/4 mile vis. 

Heavy band is pivoting overhead.. Getting clobbered... Would be shocked if we  don't eclipse 12"

Wow if you get 12" I'd be extremely jealous but you are definitely in a nice pivot point attm. enjoy!

19 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I cleared once and noticed it does make a difference beefing up the storm total.

Yup, same here...10.5" vs 11.8"

This picture doesn't even do the snowfall rate any justice....had to have been pushing 3"/hr

20240213_141025.jpg

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Nice event for the southern peeps. Us North Shore peeps will wait some more. Hopefully not another 717 days…

They deserve it. They usually get skunked a lot especially this season till now. I don't have to wait as long as the immediate Northshore coastline though. Jan 6-7 helped with that.

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

Thanks for all the reports sent to me, i will have a CT map done today. The SNE & Tri-state maps will come tomorrow.

8.0" was the final here. No clearing just measured after accumulating snow had ended.

11.8" westside of Southbury....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You work for a weather vendor?

No it’s just a hobby. A group of guys—one of whom used to be SkiSheep around here and another that’s a met do forecasting on social media covering CT under the Southern Connecticut Weather banner. I’ve been doing it since 2015 and I’m the lead forecaster/writer these days. 

It feels like a full time job at times lol. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

No it’s just a hobby. A group of guys—one of whom used to be SkiSheep around here and another that’s a met do forecasting on social media covering CT under the Southern Connecticut Weather banner. I’ve been doing it since 2015 and I’m the lead forecaster/writer these days. 

It feels like a full time job at times lol. 

SkiSheep! LOL. He was a character.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Of course now it drops below 32 as the snow ends. LOL. Can't win.

We were pinned at 32° during the meat of the ccb..but now at 32.2°

Wish it worked out a better for you up there. It really is like pulling teeth getting a nice cold airmass ahead of these systems. 

Just now, SouthCoastMA said:

We were pinned at 32° during the meat of the ccb..but now at 32.2°

Wish it worked out a better for you up there. It really is like pulling teeth getting a nice cold airmass ahead of these systems. 

I'd trade places in a heartbeat right now.