• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

9 minutes ago, George001 said:

I might bust, I’m not super confident but eh…. I’m sticking to my guns. I am skeptical that the storm will be as dry as some of the latest guidance has it. I believe there will be a blizzard in Boston tomorrow.

Could verify near-blizzard BOS south towards Plymouth and Taunton, but I believe best of this storm will be sCT into RI and se MA with BOS near northern edge of 5-8" band. Local 10 or even 12 inch amounts possible in sNE, too bad it's moving so fast tomorrow, will be good rates for 4-6 hrs. A sharp snowfall gradient likely north of a BOS-ORh -BDL axis. Very windy at times as low bombs for several hours around 12-18z. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, George001 said:

I might bust, I’m not super confident but eh…. I’m sticking to my guns. I am skeptical that the storm will be as dry as some of the latest guidance has it. I believe there will be a blizzard in Boston tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, George001 said:

The Navy was way north at 12z. It usually has a well se bias so that is interesting, it could be on to something.

Welcome back.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

I’m looking at that radar Will mentioned…if you extrapolate the current movement and trajectory, it looks like it’ll easily be over the line from West Virginia into SE Ohio from as of now. 

If we get big rainfall totals into those 5-6 border counties in SE OH, then it’s game on for the pike-south crew…and even Rt 2 is looking better in that scenario. If the heavy rain mostly stays SE of those counties, then my area is in trouble and perhaps even N CT. 

We don’t just want to see the radar echoes get there, we want to see like a solid 0.50”+ of QPF 

IMG_0273.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, tavwtby said:

watch the Euro bump north 100 miles

I’m expecting it to be putrid again, but since the euro does have the advantage of post-18z data assimilation, if it does come north, that’s a good sign. 

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Messenger shuffle is a move to the south in the last 24hrs according to Scott (Messenger) RIP, His best phrase was he would like to bang the Ruc model as that was his model choice.

Absolutely correct.  When I coined the term, i was living in GC.  Messenger would start reporting in RUC runs while pointing to echos off the Delmarva and how they were shifting what had been GC snow to him.  The shuffles were in the hours before and even during the storm.

• Like 1

I think the place is want recon for this storm is up in the Great Lakes because that will tell us if the northern stream is trying to get enough subtle interaction to crush us….that’s where the differences have been.

@Typhoon Tip mentioned this earlier as well and I agree it’s the northern stream being the key player. Not saying the southern downstream ridging isn’t important, but the northern stream evolution is what gives the room for the downstream ridging to amplify. 

• Like 2