Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2024

George BM

On 2/3/2024 at 2:55 PM, Kay said:

Have been watching a beautiful pair of common ravens foraging and exploring and hanging out in a group of tall trees IMBY/neighborBY this afternoon. I know they aren't rare but not too common IMBY that I've seen. Unlike black vultures. which  I thought they were for a sec. I wish it were cold and snowing, obvs, but it is a nice day. Dry ground...weird.

The raven couple are back. (assuming same pair) Hanging around the same group of trees the last few days. If you see them routinely in YBY this must seem weird but :wub:

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Ji said:

Jb is getting assaulted on Twitter

if he still has the same habits...right before he finally capitulates he will go silent for a while...a day or two will go by with no posts or videos...and then he will issue an angry incoherent crazy rant about how he put so much work into it and this or that just didn't go right and you have to be humble and god this and god that and how grateful he is for his family as if the MF just went through some personal tragedy.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, snowfan said:

The LR thread is now the research, past season retrospectives, and how many ways we get fucked next season thread. 

Apparently there isn't much to discuss wrt prospects for cold/snow for what's left of this winter. Might as well prepare ourselves for next winter's inevitable disaster.

• Like 1

Just now, CAPE said:

Apparently there isn't much to discuss wrt prospects for cold/snow for what's left of this winter. Might as well prepare ourselves for next winter's inevitable disaster.

I won’t complain about an early start to bass fishing season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CAPE said:

90s are forecast for Central Texas soon and I am absolutely beside myself with pure JOY! We might even get treated to lows in the mid 70s! In late FEB!!!! And in early March!

Go developing Nina GO!!!!

I see a lot of morose and dispirited people up in here. But I emphatically tell you, your salvation lies in the Sierra. These magnificent mountains NEVER EVER let you down! DC will let you down. Boston will let you down. The Great Lakes will let you down. But everlasting happiness and bliss will be found in the high Sierran Cordillera, every time! Mammoth resort is getting smashed by snow every night! Ditto for the Palisades! The Hadley Cells and MJO fails and fiery Venus hot new base state do not ever phase the mighty Sierra blizzards!

https://www.mammothmountain.com/on-the-mountain/mammoth-webcam/main-lodge

On 2/5/2024 at 6:41 PM, nj2va said:

Once you have one, get ready for more unfortunately. 

8. Six released and two that didn’t survive the trap. Because my wife didn’t tell me where she set it. Oops.

IMG_3415.thumb.jpeg.12eed1a44ab756f9fb623759598a1d23.jpegIMG_3416.thumb.jpeg.c23bf3a469ca96f7c73a7fed99a1c75a.jpegIMG_3420.thumb.jpeg.16ff55399e549b39a040986d5f00b2a7.jpegIMG_3431.thumb.jpeg.c2fe371613e147b6da8a913b957146b5.jpegIMG_3423.thumb.jpeg.3c36d057d3b30d84ec7e4b86f78fdfa4.jpegStunning bluebird day on my shift at Mt Bachelor this morning.  ( low level fog and snow flurries before I left along with big crowds, mostly from CA and WA areas )   

Major new winter storm cycle starting next week.  When I return from my Virginia trip the first week of March the current forecast is for a fresh 3-6' of base of new base.   

The spring ski season is a lock out here. April is my favorite ski month because it still often snows in the high country yet 15 miles away its great grilling weather and the golf courses are open. 

( Closing day this season is Sunday May 26th )

Again a surprisingly intense winter out here after a mild November and December. 

Actually looking forward to spring weather in Virginia next week.

Some low resolutions phone photos from this morning.

IMG_3414.thumb.jpeg.fca14bdad80affbbda5bd761cb4fcbb2.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Weenie 2

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Serious question for the old timers. Does anyone remember a thunderstorm at 36 degrees? I dont and the Shit is crazy. 

Man. If only that had been a thundersnow deal. But shit. As I type this. Got a HUGE flash and bang. Wow!!

Eta….because I was drinking at Other Half Brewing (half the day) today. :lol:

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic