• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2024 General Discussion

Spartman

It feels like early April here. Dirty snow banks everywhere. My roof is completely melted off. The animals are acting like it is April. Wonder If the snow statues will hold up for MTU winter carnival. Snowmobiling is on hold. The trails are nothing but rock. There is no base before the big snow early January. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, wishforsnow said:

It feels like early April here. Dirty snow banks everywhere. My roof is completely melted off. The animals are acting like it is April. Wonder If the snow statues will hold up for MTU winter carnival. Snowmobiling is on hold. The trails are nothing but rock. There is no base before the big snow early January. 

Looking like a good thing I was in the UP mid-January this year. You'll have to give us a snowpack update in 10 days or so

Definite zzzs to start the month. Snow has melted but the ground undoubtedly use some drying out. Pattern change towards Valentines, 2nd half of the month gonna be rockin'

Seems like rocking more for the east coast than for the Midwest but we will get to seasonal
Or even below normal cold.

8 hours ago, transWXgirl said:

If you play uno reverse, 55F on 2/1 for ORD is like 61F high on 8/1.

Hmmm lets check Cromartie's math.  Average high 2/1 is 32.  55-32 = 13.  Average high 8/1 is 84.  84-13 = 71.   Go away Cromartie :wacko2:

EDIT:  I admit.  I am an idiot :yikes:

55-32 = 23.  Average high 8/1 is 84.  84-23 = 61. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lightning said:

I'll definitely take this over clouds, fog and drizzle!!! :thumbsup:

image.thumb.png.cdb463450e8b213d90d9d130f752ef81.png

You gotta at least admit that fog spell we had was pretty damn wicked and cool because of the duration of the event. But the sun is always awesome and welcome 

19 hours ago, SolidIcewx said:

You gotta at least admit that fog spell we had was pretty damn wicked and cool because of the duration of the event. But the sun is always awesome and welcome 

Yeah.  It reminds me of being in a temperate rain forests (Glacier Bay NP and Olympic NP).  I know I am going to enjoy the sun.  :sun:

3rd warmest December 1- February 2 on record behind 2001-02 and the infamous 1877-78.  Didn’t realize how much we’d torch next week but looking like a very good chance of 50s.  Snow down to less than 50% coverage in my yard. Mostly just piles where I shoveled 

• Like 1