• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

4 hours ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

I’m thinking they may be the same person? Kinda odd to have two people so similar in posting style to just randomly pop up and start mass posting 

Nah they’re different. Totally different IPs.

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, LibertyBell said:

a very hot and dry summer followed by a cold and snowy winter is what usually happens when a strong el nino transitions to a la nina, those are my favorite combos.  I loved 2010 and I'm hoping for a repeat.

1983-1984 wasn't that great of a winter...1998-1999 sucked, but that was a strong La Niña, which I doubt next year.

31 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

1983-1984 wasn't that great of a winter...1998-1999 sucked, but that was a strong La Niña, which I doubt next year.

We can hope for either a 1995-96 or 2010-11 (or combo lol)

Was 1966-67 cold neutral? That would be a nice analog since 1965-66 is getting compared to this winter.

13 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

We can hope for either a 1995-96 or 2010-11 (or combo lol)

Was 1966-67 cold neutral? That would be a nice analog since 1965-66 is getting compared to this winter.

Don’t bet against the streak. 

Look we have a real good pattern setting up.  The threats will start to show themselves in a few days.  For now maybe signals?  But all that matters is the larger scale setup and how stable the pattern looks.  Looks like there will be be threats unless there is suppression.  I don’t expect to see anything serious until maybe Tuesday or Wednesday, perhaps for the 12th?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Look we have a real good pattern setting up.  The threats will start to show themselves in a few days.  For now maybe signals?  But all that matters is the larger scale setup and how stable the pattern looks.  Looks like there will be be threats unless there is suppression.  I don’t expect to see anything serious until maybe Tuesday or Wednesday, perhaps for the 12th?

Want to see the look hold thru the 6’th 

Dont want to see the western ridge erode or pacific go poopy

I think we will still have decent chances in Feb if that occurs to a moderate degree but like Will has said we want a pattern improving as we go from day 10+ to inside  day 7-8 and we got a few more days to see if that -PDO base state is still sort of a thorn as we go from day 12-15 to day 6-8 on great patterns 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

83-84 was a bit better in northern Maine - 171" and the most massive pack I've seen.  Reached 80" on Big Twenty Twp (northern tip of the state) in mid-March.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Want to see the look hold thru the 6’th 

Dont want to see the western ridge erode or pacific go poopy

I think we will still have decent chances in Feb if that occurs to a moderate degree but like Will has said we want a pattern improving as we go from day 10+ to inside  day 7-8 and we got a few more days to see if that -PDO base state is still sort of a thorn as we go from day 12-15 to day 6-8 on great patterns 

I understand what you are saying, and we’ve been burned a lot the last couple of years. It just doesn’t seem like there’s a lot of Contra indications right now. If there were the qanon omega and Papi would be posting those 300 hour plus operational charts. The sense I get from reading the meteorologists is that the large scale forces that are creating the upcoming pattern set up to force a good pattern. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of wiggle room.  The pattern progression globally in other words, is leading us in this good direction.  First snow is popping up on my weather underground app for the 11th 12/13.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It ended well though(83-84)..had a couple nice snowstorms in mid and late March…that changed the tenor around nicely. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tamarack said:

83-84 was a bit better in northern Maine - 171" and the most massive pack I've seen.  Reached 80" on Big Twenty Twp (northern tip of the state) in mid-March.

Estcourt Station.   It’s ironic that they call it the Big Twenty Township..when it only incorporates two townships lol.  Estcourt Station has like 4 people, that is one remote area. 

just a gorgeous evolution... very high confidence for a semi permanent 50/50 ULL, west based blocking, and a stream of waves off the Pacific undercutting the AK ridge. all three ensembles share this same progression as well, there is great agreement there too

i'm kinda wondering if that trough moving eastward in the Pacific is the storm, or if we just get a lobe from said trough\

2097108520_gfs-ens_z500a_namer_fh240-384(1).thumb.gif.3f1461944c6ac843894bb80b6395d2f8.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

just a gorgeous evolution... very high confidence for a semi permanent 50/50 ULL, west based blocking, and a stream of waves off the Pacific undercutting the AK ridge. all three ensembles share this same progression as well, there is great agreement there too

i'm kinda wondering if that trough moving eastward in the Pacific is the storm, or if we just get a lobe from said trough\

2097108520_gfs-ens_z500a_namer_fh240-384(1).thumb.gif.3f1461944c6ac843894bb80b6395d2f8.gif

I recall when you posted posted 2 ago that

you weren’t going to post for a week and see How it goes :)

i want to see some day 2,3,4,5, 6 animations 

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I recall when you posted posted 2 ago that

you weren’t going to post for a week and see How it goes :)

i want to see some day 2,3,4,5, 6 animations 

yeah, I was strongly considering that! lmao

it seems like we have more confidence now, though. the change is going to occur, just a matter of how long it lasts and how much the pattern actually produces

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Suppression depression very real in this pattern change . Was very evident in that map Will posted a few days ago . Northern stream heavy and hoping something amplifies off of NJ. Still time to correct to more favorable though. 

Don’t forget about the rainers before the h5 epocity sets in.