• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Can I honestly ask you something? If you want so badly to be taken more seriously and have the 5PPD removed, why is your presentation of data so one-sided? I understand that the past two winters have been biased warm with little snowfall, but in the past, you have simply dissapeared during severe bouts of winter weather. I have been trying to give you the benefit fo the doubt, but you make that difficult.

Spectrum ...that's why

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Can I honestly ask you something? If you want so badly to be taken more seriously and have the 5PPD removed, why is your presentation of data so one-sided? I understand that the past two winters have been biased warm with little snowfall, but in the past, you have simply dissapeared during severe bouts of winter weather. I have been trying to give you the benefit fo the doubt, but you make that difficult.

I only disappear when i can’t post, I’ve been on the forums for 20 years

• Haha 7

Just now, qg_omega said:

I only disappear when i can’t post, I’ve been on the forums for 20 years

:lol:

Okay, lets wait for mind month and note any changes in your posting content. You seem to always have a bullet in the chamber for those long range inferno charts.....but I never see you post a map with a snow storm or negative anomaly....your like snowman's evil twin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

:lol:

Okay, lets wait for mind month and note any changes in your posting content. You seem to always have a bullet in the chamber for those long range inferno charts.....but I never see you post a map with a snow storm or negative anomaly....your like snowman's evil twin.

Some people just want to be contrarian. Be it in weather, sports, life, etc.  Like this compulsive need to offer the opposite of group think whether they believe it or not.

Like if everyone suddenly hated snow and the forum collectively was constantly looking for a 60F day in the winter, I think some of these guys would start posting long range cold maps.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Even during the warmst, or coldest of winters...there is always data that runs to the contrary worthy of discussion....anyone viewing information through a single lens is doing themselves and by extension the entire a forum a great disservice.

If it helps anyone ... those probability products are not designed for scalar outlooks ?   - people seem to forget that whenever someone posts those hot colors.   A 70% chance of above normal only means literally a 70% chance of above normal - that can mean anything ... +0.10 or +10 ... It just is a confidence interval that points which side of 0.0 the expected temperature biases will result. 

That's all.  Nothing else...

It shouldn't have to mean 70% chance that someone with Kleenex, lotion and an antisocial penchants gets to e-rape the going sentiment in route to their orgasm because they were raised in a toxic, gay-shading penumbra during critical formulative years.  LOL

J/k...  

Also, you can see the pattern change at mid month showing up nicely in the extended 850 mb anomalies.  We'll see if these hold ... We could certainly see the arrival of pattern change and have these normalize some - in fact that kind of 'warm correction' sneaking in ... obviously they've been a leitmotif spanning the last 20 years of modeling, regardless.  I wouldn't normally bother at such long leads..but, since this is backed by so much suggestive weighting it'll be interesting to see what form winter's swan song actually takes

eps_T850a_namer_61.png

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Even @snowman19lately has been mnaking efforts at honest engagement....not sure why that is so difficult for some. There will be a warm up in early February, sure post it....but post everything else, too.

That fact that we are in 2024 and models are less than accurate even within 24hrs leaves plenty of room for discussion and conjecture; none of this is exact and no season is a carbon copy of another. Having said that moving back from FL I couldn’t have asked for two better winters to ease the wife back into the cold weather!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Modfan2 said:

That fact that we are in 2024 and models are less than accurate even within 24hrs less plenty of room for discussion and conjecture; none of this is exact and none season is a carbon copy of another. Having said that moving back from FL I couldn’t have asked for two better winters to ease the wife back into the cold weather!

Welcome back, man.

24 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

If it helps anyone ... those probability products are not designed for scalar outlooks ?   - people seem to forget that whenever someone posts those hot colors.   A 70% chance of above normal only means literally a 70% chance of above normal - that can mean anything ... +0.10 or +10 ... It just is a confidence interval that points which side of 0.0 the expected temperature biases will result. 

That's all.  Nothing else...

It shouldn't have to mean 70% chance that someone with Kleenex, lotion and an antisocial penchants gets to e-rape the going sentiment in route to their orgasm because they were raised in a toxic, gay-shading penumbra during critical formulative years.  LOL

J/k...  

Also, you can see the pattern change at mid month showing up nicely in the extended 850 mb anomalies.  We'll see if these hold ... We could certainly see the arrival of pattern change and have these normalize some - in fact that kind of 'warm correction' sneaking in ... obviously they've been a leitmotif spanning the last 20 years of modeling, regardless.  I wouldn't normally bother at such long leads..but, since this is backed by so much suggestive weighting it'll be interesting to see what form winter's swan song actually takes

eps_T850a_namer_61.png

So the question begs to be asked…why didn’t that troll Qg post this map? Or post em both for conversation.   We all know the answer to that question. And what kind of poster he is. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

So the question begs to be asked…why didn’t that troll Qg post this map? Or post em both for conversation.   We all know the answer to that question. And what kind of poster he is. 

I mean that's at the tail end of the ensemble. In his defense, the impending warm up is much more certain than a hr 360 forecast.

• Like 1

Op 0Z Euro had a +11C 850 mb plumb approaching NYC next week fwiw-

…getting precariously close to ‘heat burst’ criteria ^_^ …

Worlds of difference to the op GFS for that time, but again … recent GFS runs have been demonstrative outliers.  

26 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Warm up is more for overnight mins as daytime highs aren't in the 60s or anything like that. 

I’m leaning more progressive than the GFS op’s. which defaults to some sort of interlude of warming.  No comment on how but the op Euro seems to be on the extreme end of the solutions. 

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I’m just a lurker, but aren’t there a fair number of folks that only pop in with model depictions of severe?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Warm up is more for overnight mins as daytime highs aren't in the 60s or anything like that. 

The colors are triggering. I honestly think some people see the oranges and reds and think it's going to be 70s and 80s.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I mean that's at the tail end of the ensemble. In his defense, the impending warm up is much more certain than a hr 360 forecast.

There really isn’t any defense…he posts 384 hr warm maps all the time Scoots. If the warmth was at 384 and the cold close, he’d post the warmth. He’s a troll. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Heading to NW Maine today for the next 3 days of sledding fun, So guard the LR and clown maps until i get back, I bet they still show nothing until at least mid month.

Keep weading West To  the burg. Much better snow east of RT 3.  Boundary Pond  groomed!

• Like 1