• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

25 minutes ago, NotSureWeather said:

I can attest to that. I’m not sure what it actually is but I doubt it’s much more than 3”.

25 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Nobody along I-91 got 14" did they? 

Yea, this is all I mean. The storm was a blockbuser for that corridor over the interior....but it was relatively limited within the scope of the region..all I meant.

No complaints on my end. My best event since March 2018.

13 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, this is all I mean. The storm was a blockbuser for that corridor over the interior....but it was relatively limited within the scope of the region..all I meant.

No complaints on my end. My best event since March 2018.

hard to believe it's been since 2018 ...  I did okay in that event, too - had a few 4" diameter tree limb snaps with branches littering  yards and town squares.  Didn't lose power though.  It was a high density 31.5F classic spring blue storm if I recall.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

hard to believe it's been since 2018 ...  I did okay in that event, too - had a few 4" diameter tree limb snaps with branches littering  yards and town squares.  Didn't lose power though.  It was high density 31.5F classic spring blue  storm

The December 2019 event was in that ballpark, too...I had 2-3" more inches in that one TBH, but the 1/7/2024 deal had more ferocious rates....those predawn hours that Sunday were nuts.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Euro ain't biting next week. Just buries it off of FL.

the Euro's not very good at that range. 

but, that doesn't exactly give any nod to the GFS, either - which has its own problems with believability

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

When Scooter starts referring to himself in the 3rd person and starts talking like Jack from the Shining, you know we're in big trouble

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

I'm basically at the bar like Jack was in that movie. "your money is no good here..."

This sick irony is that Jack was completely snowed in after "days and days" of unrelenting snow.  Just don't go fiddling with the boiler...

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

the Euro's not very good at that range. 

but, that doesn't exactly give any nod to the GFS, either - which has its own problems with believability

Yep. Just noting it. Not like both mean much this far out. 

14 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

GEFS and GEPS both look very good for mid-month. tall WC ridge building into AK, building -NAO, split flow, and deep E US trough

gfs-ensemble-all-avg-namer-z500_anom_1day-8084800.thumb.png.be8b407f11c48409f69932ba68ed683b.pngcmc-ensemble-all-avg-namer-z500_anom_1day-8084800.thumb.png.4da1ec9f5349ffee9ddeaf3b27ef933a.png

I'd like that ridge a bit further east....couple that with an east-leaning block and I could see the deep-interior folks being strangled.

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Need to get the MJO through phase 7 and into 8.

I think the coast would do fine there given the low heights extending into the N Atl with the trough axis overhead. most amplification looks to occur offshore there. also, that block is in the process of retrograding and extending westward

I do think the interior is favored with the initial storm around the 14-15th, though

4 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

I think the coast would do fine there given the low heights extending into the N Atl with the trough axis overhead. most amplification looks to occur offshore there. also, that block is in the process of retrograding and extending westward

I do think the interior is favored with the initial storm around the 14-15th, though

Right...I mean in that snap shot. I don't mean its going to remain that way.

• Like 1