• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow Friday 1/19/24: is it a period of light snow (less than 2"), or is there a chance of a 5" swath in part of the NYC subforum? Event OBS.

wdrag

8 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

They'll likely back down north of I-195 with the overnight update.

It's hard to see how the Upton and Mt. Holly maps square, especially looking at the lollipop in Red Bank NJ vs what's forecast the south shore of LI.  I realize its a tight gradient and the latitude difference isn't totally trivial, but still.

1 minute ago, SnoSki14 said:

Ratios would have to be like 1:20 or greater based on what models show. 

It's bizarre and I'm seeing schools shutting down left & right already. 

I'm confused myself. I'm expecting about an inch. The rest of the world seems to think otherwise.

6 minutes ago, WestBabylonWeather said:

This storm was too much for me emotionally. Devil be gone. 

Amen. Lots of words typed over what looks like it won't be a big deal for a lot of us. Even Anthony seems to have written it off. Or maybe he is just getting cynical.

3 minutes ago, Franklin0529 said:

Yea I don't get it

I still think the IVT will probably perform better than a ton of models show but those amounts north of TTN are nuts...some type of bizarre mesoscale shenanigans would have to unfold for that to transpire

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

Dissolving the public schools is exactly the intention. This is a weather board. I'll be happy to PM you some sources. Mods, feel free to delete my posts. Don't wanna start a pie fight here, especially since my friend is a fellow angler...

Agreed.  I think I articulated my argument poorly.  You're right, its a weather board.  Apologies. 

• Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, dseagull said:

Agreed.  I think I articulated my argument poorly.  You're right, its a weather board.  Apologies. 

No problem, and no need to apologize. We could have a good discussion but this is not why our friends come here. They'd go to an education forum to read that stuff if they wanted. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, psv88 said:

In all seriousness this absolutely blows, no threats in sight now. Spring cannot come fast enough 

Earlier today I though something was actually gonna happen....there's even a sign on the highway warning of snow. Jeebus. Now we get busts before the storms even happen......

1 hour ago, Stormlover74 said:

We need a positive bust for once

Let's hope. Right now I'm going with 2 inches for our area. Most of the models tonight are giving our area 1.5 to 2, and 2 seems realistic with the higher snow ratios that are expected. We just need a small bump north to get closer to 3 inches, so we'll see. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Let's hope. Right now I'm going with 2 inches for our area. Most of the models tonight are giving our area 1.5 to 2, and 2 seems realistic with the higher snow ratios that are expected. We just need a small bump north to get closer to 3 inches, so we'll see. 

Good to see the models show at least 1 inch of snow lol

1 hour ago, psv88 said:

In all seriousness this absolutely blows, no threats in sight now. Spring cannot come fast enough 

Well who knows what Febraury, especially mid-month on, may hold.  Maybe even the first week or two of March we can score something.  I know it's not ideal, but a lot of years in the last 10 or so have been really dependent upon relatively short but incredible stretches like March 18 or Feb 21.  The stuff like 13-14 just doesn't happen anymore.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kat5hurricane said:

The meltdowns over a storm that was never a big deal in the first place. 

I was thinking too how 1-3" was basically a rounding error for many storms in recent years.  I'd often log in here when a light to borderline moderate event was a possibility and it was a relative ghost town, because "2 to 4" had become the new "cloudy."