• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 11-13th Blizzard

Rain well north of Chicago now creeping towards the Wisconsin border. Lots of standing water now in Naperville. Definitely raises the concern for flash freezing as we get into tomorrow. A sheet of ice might be worse than a blizzard.

Pouring cottonballs under these 30-35 DBZ returns.  It's been pouring large dendrites since mid-morning, with very large aggregates at times, like right now.  The first wave's 5" was a much lighter/fluffier snow.  Felt considerably different compared to the 4:1 slush-fest on Tuesday lol.  With this main wave the snow is considerably more wet, probably <10:1 type stuff, but with the huge aggregates it's stacking up better than a sub 10:1 snowfall.  

Had to work all morning.  Roadways are mostly vacant as most peeps seem to be hunkering down.  Roads really aren't too bad where the plows are keeping up, as winds are pretty wussy right now. 

A bit worried for tonight when high winds hit.  Trees/powerlines are caking up like a mofo. 

• Like 6

Had to take my Corolla to work today since my wife with her 4WD SUV also had work this morning. Almost got stuck trying to make a right turn due to all the compacted slop piled in the intersection, fortunately I was able to reverse out and take an alternate route. Also, don't be the guy in front of me in the thumbnail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Of course the one time the CAA is ahead of schedule it wipes out our snow chances. 

The low moving 50-100 miles farther east than the models showed yesterday is reallf screwing us too. Instead of moving north towards the northwest part of lower Michigan it’s now forecast to move northeast towards the northeast LP. Instead of getting light snow all day tomorrow we will be lucky to get a couple of hours.

The low moving 50-100 miles farther east than the models showed yesterday is reallf screwing us too. Instead of moving north towards the northwest part of lower Michigan it’s now forecast to move northeast towards the northeast LP. Instead of getting light snow all day tomorrow we will be lucky to get a couple of hours.

I should also add the models are showing a weaker low. Instead of bottoming out at 968-970 mb it’s bottoming out at 980-982 mb.

• Like 1

Looks like multiple low pressures, one in se Ohio, which I don't think was modeled. Helluva dry slot coming north. White rain to start here and just flipped to snow in central macomb. Not gonna accumulate much with temps at 37. Just a little too far east to get the goods. Good luck to the rest. Central Oakland looks like a good place to be on the latest rap.

2 minutes ago, Frog Town said:

Crazy snow if Toledo with 2" already.  Does anyone really know what's going on?? LOL> 

NWS Cleveland needs to get WWA's up ASAP. The snow is far more entrenched along the lines of what the GFS showed than what they predicted. Tough call, but I think 3-4" is capable. It's definitely extremely wet, heavy snow 

• Like 1

Just now, michsnowfreak said:

The latest high res showed that and also showed that it should be turning to snow very soon

Accuweather's futurecast keeps the spotch over Detroit proper and the immediate suburbs as rain for a little while longer (another hour or so at least), with the transition line slowly enroaching from the North and South. We'll see if it's right or wrong.