• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 11-13th Blizzard

This trough feature extending from the main SLP is an interesting development that we've seen gain traction over the past 12-24 hours.
It can enhance precip/snowfall. Folks in the Northeast see significant versions, Norlun troughs, that sort of do the same.
download.png.0af9708fff73909ed5a81508bcf3f15a.png

Looks like a nor’easter bombing out over the New England coast.

2 minutes ago, mimillman said:

SREF is a joke btw. ORD mean was at 5” this AM. 11” now

A not insignificant number of SREF members had rain getting all the way up to Madison for at least some of Friday in earlier runs today. QPF hasn't changed much, it was just running a blowtorch earlier.

41 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

This trough feature extending from the main SLP is an interesting development that we've seen gain traction over the past 12-24 hours.

It can enhance precip/snowfall. Folks in the Northeast see significant versions, Norlun troughs, that sort of do the same.

download.png.0af9708fff73909ed5a81508bcf3f15a.png

Something to watch... would bring legit blizzard conditions as it swings through MI/IN area early Saturday.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, weatherbo said:

Expecting a 3-day total here in the 2 to 3 feet range.  Been down this road more than once living up this way.  Probably won't be able to get out to CR 510 for a couple days.

When the chickens start staring at you and asking for the barbeque sauce, let us know.

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Radtechwxman said:

Of course a massive bubble of lower totals right where I'm at :)

I-74 is becoming the new I-72 of old as far as cut off line goes, be it severe weather or winter.

Should have seen this coming after the June 30 derecho, one event per year below the cut off line....

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, WeatherMonger said:

I-74 is becoming the new I-72 of old as far as cut off line goes, be it severe weather or winter.

Should have seen this coming after the June 30 derecho, one event per year below the cut off line....

Yeah we just can't catch a break meanwhile the rich keep getting richer from the last storm. Must be nice. Lol