• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 11-13th Blizzard

22 minutes ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

The OP run appears to be on the NW side of the cluster. Lots of member E-SE still. OP has the low over Gary. 

sfcmslp-meanmem.us_mw.png

it's crazy how underdispersive the GEFS is compared to the EPS

1 minute ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Euro going to be a crush job for NW LOT

Edit: Or pretty much all of LOT

I just want more "snow" and not "slop". I just got done shoveling 2 inches of compacted ice at my parents house (that they didn't get to shovel yesterday). 

This one is starting to look like a dud here. Still crazy how this one tracks further south than first storm and I end up with less snow and more rain. This system seems to really pull up a big slug of warm air compared to the other. Hoping it can trend cooler aloft as we get closer but not hopeful. 

1 minute ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Going to be an all time glacier once the snowpack freezes solid in a 7:1 ratio mass. 

for those that complain snow doesn't stay on the ground for long periods of time anymore

• Like 1

Once again the Euro manages to keep 0c 850mb south of the immediate metro, very different from last storm. Ratios will be very poor but this should be very heavy snow as progged. The NE burbs will do very well.

I made a final call of 3-5” for the city. That may still be accurate but could be low for the NW neighborhoods. ORD and northwest of there should be 6-10”

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Radtechwxman said:

For whatever reason gfs seems to be only model keeping thermals under check here but everything else is a blast furnace. I truly hate El Nino winters. Lol

LLJ going to win out, I would lean warmer and we have seen warmer yesterday. The only saving grace to the north and east could be a quicker occlusion but beyond that the warmth along and east of the low track should win out.

4 minutes ago, Sciascia said:

Captain Obvious-level statement: Part of the “bad luck” with the ratios is the timing of it being yet another daylight storm. If this would strike overnight, we could probably actually use 10:1 maps.

That's not quite how it works.

Ratio's would still not be optimal, but you would improve pavement accumulation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stebo said:

LLJ going to win out, I would lean warmer and we have seen warmer yesterday. The only saving grace to the north and east could be a quicker occlusion but beyond that the warmth along and east of the low track should win out.

I'm north of the Peoria metro area. Seem to start as snow Thurs night then mix into afternoon Fri and changeover to snow on back end of deformation zone. It has mixing line close to river again. Could be close call here. Team gfs. Ha