• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 11-13th Blizzard

10 minutes ago, sbnwx85 said:

I laugh but that's actually a valid point.

I thought it was way NW with today's system at long range before correcting back SE in later runs. Like your location moreso than mine for this one

4 minutes ago, Cary67 said:

I thought it was way NW with today's system at long range before correcting back SE in later runs

It was actually SE the previous run comparatively so it's just picking up on the trend properly :weenie:

• Haha 1

I'm perusing area AFD's and while the office's note the different evolutions of this storm between the GFS and Euro... nobody seems to want to pick which one they believe makes the most sense. Main message is lots of moisture to work with, high winds and drier snow than today will cause problems, lake enhancement will be impressive and it'll be v cold as the system pushes away.

9 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

Hell of a storm for Toledo on deck, one of the best I've ever seen if it pans out on the GFS. 

Even sexier on the rgem, however it was SE with this current storm at this range so who knows at this point. Ukie/euro way nw.

Also the deformation snows look to be very tight and close to the low which hopefully will keep the dry slot away, that the euro/ukie show.

9 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

Even sexier on the rgem, however it was SE with this current storm at this range so who knows at this point. Ukie/euro way nw.

Also the deformation snows look to be very tight and close to the low which hopefully will keep the dry slot away, that the euro/ukie show.

So often you see the heaviest snows trend more towards the IN border counties west of I-75. We will see here but with mixing it wouldn’t shock me to see Toledo proper shafted a bit

11 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

So often you see the heaviest snows trend more towards the IN border counties west of I-75. We will see here but with mixing it wouldn’t shock me to see Toledo proper shafted a bit

I will magnetize the storm toward us. I will make the 500mb low grab a lot of moisture from the Pacific, and be at the Four Corners, that is, while a northeasterly barrier jet develops in Wyoming to give the foothills 2" per hour snow rates. Oh wait wait wait, wrong thinking. Sorry.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mimillman said:

Stebo is gonna love the 18z ICON

Oh yeah totally love it. At this point I'm just going to stop talking about this storm because the minute I say anything it blows up in my face. Congrats Chicago

3 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Oh yeah totally love it. At this point I'm just going to stop talking about this storm because the minute I say anything it blows up in my face. Congrats Chicago

Honestly when all is said and done with this, best place to be will probs be south central Michigan.

Just now, mimillman said:

Honestly when all is said and done with this, best place to be will probs be south central Michigan.

Nah this storm is going to go west and make sure it clubbers Chicago while it rains again here.

1 minute ago, Stebo said:

Nah this storm is going to go west and make sure it clubbers Chicago while it rains again here.

If it does I’ll eat my words since I took the under on 6” due to a miss southeast. Still prefer that over whatever sh*t we had here today.

Speaking of which, I’ll go final call 3-5” here with saving grace the WAA.

• Haha 2