Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/9-1/10 Now Morphing to Less-Than-Exciting Power Cutter

Torch Tiger

3 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

My Mom had a large pine hit her house on the 18th and did significant damage. Luckily she wasn't hurt. We don't need those bog winds despite some calling for destruction

image.png.0f30c20eef2a74e850170cf09bb4c46e.pngimage.png.b105a7e28fe3eab166ed6730f2336e0e.png

:damage:

57 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Was speaking specifically about WNY. That kind of signal isn’t present out our way. 

Sucks that we can't even get an impressive wind event with all these cutters. 12/18 didn't do it for me and this one looks even weaker. Can't get major snow or wind down here to save our lives.

6 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

My Mom had a large pine hit her house on the 18th and did significant damage. Luckily she wasn't hurt. We don't need those bog winds despite some calling for destruction

image.png.0f30c20eef2a74e850170cf09bb4c46e.pngimage.png.b105a7e28fe3eab166ed6730f2336e0e.png

Agree.  If someone likes the destruction, they can just light their own houses on fire or bulldoze them into the ground.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Too close to the house.... But I should talk, got a couple over my garage 

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

That doesn’t even make sense. Lol. C’mon pal, you’re just being ignorant now.  

1 hour ago, Cold Miser said:

lol. Right?  With this logic I might as well shut the shades until November for my next chance at seeing snow.  

What buffoonery. 

I think he was trying for some self-deprecating humor?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ariof said:

The Prospect webcam on Route 9 in SVT shows SN and their weather station has their temp at 24 having come down from 26. 

https://prospectmountain.com/conditions/

I believe this is within a couple of miles of Chez Mitch.

My temp dropped a bit from 30.2F down to 27.8F now.  Bouts of-SN and already little breezy--27MPH on Davis.  Lets see what the overnight brings--going to rip here I think. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

@weatherwiz the NAM has a line of big inland gusts on that convective line early morning. 

Yup...it's coming. 

I'm shocked wind isn't being played up more. It gets hyped up when it it will be a non-event and then not hyped up when it will be a big event. 

It's essentially going to be like a 85 mile wide EF-0 ripping through the region 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 2

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Yup...it's coming. 

I'm shocked wind isn't being played up more. It gets hyped up when it it will be a non-event and then not hyped up when it will be a big event. 

It's essentially going to be like a 85 mile wide EF-0 ripping through the region 

meh on wind I think.. rain will be the big issue

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Yup...it's coming. 

I'm just not as impressed as 12/18. The LLJ is weaker around here and there is plenty of snow/CAD. I'm more in the strong advisory (weak warning at the coast) camp.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Yup...it's coming. 

Soundings do not look conducive to a damaging southerly wind event. Certainly nowhere near as impressive as the 12/18 event.

If we get damaging wind it would be from a QLCS but there's very little instability modeled. I don't see much in most areas the way it looks right now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1