Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 Banter

George BM

3 minutes ago, 09-10 analogy said:

Yeah the severe threat down there seems mostly mitigated to a certain degree by modest thermodynamics. But if that insanely powerful LLJ can push the warm front north far enough, it could be a real nasty outbreak in the New Orleans to Tallahassee area. And then the next day, the coastal Carolinas are under the gun, as well as Florida. This on top of the Gulf of Mexico acting like the North Atlantic during the The Perfect Storm. 

I mean, hell, we're just getting another wind and rainstorm around here, so might as well live vicariously in other regions. 

This is sig material right here.

Every year I have to go to Wisconsin in January and February for work then Anaheim in March and those always seem to be the threat windows...ugh isn't it bad enough that I have to go to Wisconsin but also potentially miss the only snow of the season...poor me.

20 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

Every year I have to go to Wisconsin in January and February for work then Anaheim in March and those always seem to be the threat windows...ugh isn't it bad enough that I have to go to Wisconsin but also potentially miss the only snow of the season...poor me.

The temps in Wisconsin when I'm there look to be around 0 so there's that I guess

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Pretty historic week for the Midwest. Wish I was already retired. I would chase those two bombs.

Those bombs should help the East moving forward at least for a bit. Need a strong catalyst to beat down the persistent Atlantic crud. These should theoretically do the trick.

• Like 2

An offboard discussion arose concerning the absence of big East Coast snowstorms and a possible connection to temperatures. While warmer winters have reached a point where seasonal snowfall is declining in parts of the Mid-Atlantic region, there can still be big snowstorms during warm winters e.g., 2015-16. However, the frequency of 4" and 6" daily snowfall during winters (December-February) decreases.

image.png.35027eef2888003387354a0f542a259c.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Jebman said:

That new very hot base state is going to add about 80 inches of rain a year everyone east of the Mississippi.

And, I am absolutely  green with jealousy.

I wish I lived in the coastal Gulf States. They get so much rain.

I work the parking lot crew Wednesday morning at 7 am… It will be textbook Jeb walk conditions…

IMG_0407.thumb.jpeg.c5355747509112ccdb7060d5e319e5cd.jpeg

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Pretty historic week for the Midwest. Wish I was already retired. I would chase those two bombs.

I used to live in Chicago and am chasing the weekend storm. Leaving noon Thursday and staying with my BFF who lives in the far western burbs. If it looks like there will be a lot of lake enhancement, we'll go stay with her mom who lives in the Loop. Last couple of runs, the center goes over Indianapolis which is the perfect spot for a Chicago snowstorm. Hoping it stays that way because it's a long way to go for cirrus and below zero wind chills lol. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Miami at KC playoff game in primetime being aired exclusively on Peacock is pure greed. 

I assume it requires Peacock Premium. If so, then yeah...pure greed.

15 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Pure greed pretty accurately describes all pro leagues. It’s gonna collapse at some point. 

Agreed. But fans still pay and the league and athletes make millions upon millions upon millions. Until fans decide they won't/can't pay for it, it's going to continue.

4 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Go to a bar to watch the game? Or stay home and use the gas money you would’ve spent driving to the bar to cover the $5.99 peacock subscription and cancel. 

It's not the money, it's the principal. They have surpassed a level of greed i couldn't even dream was possible. 

17 minutes ago, ravensrule said:

It's not the money, it's the principal. They have surpassed a level of greed i couldn't even dream was possible. 

And that applies to just about every industry you interact with on a daily basis. 

3 hours ago, snownut said:

I work the parking lot crew Wednesday morning at 7 am… It will be textbook Jeb walk conditions…

IMG_0407.thumb.jpeg.c5355747509112ccdb7060d5e319e5cd.jpeg

Enjoy the heavy snow.  Yep, those are classic jebwalk conditions! Now, I am very green with envy!!!!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TSG said:

Because the human brain is hardwired for negativity and that's what you end up remembering more often than not. Shifts in the other direction happen too. Being positive takes work

There's also inherent cold bias in the long range afaik

Your best bet would be to stop paying attention to D7+ model output

This. Simple but deep...I think that's a prevailing problem here (myself included). It did get me thinking about why positivity has to be as difficult as it is...although some people seem to be hardwired in the other direction and are eternal optimists by nature, lol

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic