• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.

wdrag

37 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of 5:00 pm, we have 1.25" at 33F and we've seen a miracle, lol, as the mix/sleet line stalled literally 1-2 miles south of us and it's still snowing moderately here, but I have to think that's almost over...

hey @Allsnow- you still snowing too?  

Still snowing moderately as of 5:30 pm and we're up to 1.5" at a steady 33F. Sleet and rain still look like they're only ~5 miles S and SE of us.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, binbisso said:

Lights snow started about 330 here.  around 4 o'clock switch to rain.

It's about 75% to 25% rain to snow since then. I'm in Southern Westchester this makes no sense.

I’m in Ardsley and we have been all snow since 3:45. Temp now down to 30.7. 

4 minutes ago, binbisso said:

It's about 75% to 25% rain to snow since then. I'm in Southern Westchester this makes no sense.

It's like 75/25 snow here but enough rain mixing in to limit anything from sticking. Very strange as I usually don't get much sound influence.

2 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

It's like 75/25 snow here but enough rain mixing in to limit anything from sticking. Very strange as I usually don't get much sound influence.

Me neither. When it's snowing in places like New Brunswick Edison Manhattan Long Island  its usually snow here.I've been here 26 years and never experience this yet.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bxstormwatcher360 said:

You can see the northerly flow pushing that line south. The cold high aint playing. Once the low is to the east everyone flips to snow.

Hold on...  I hope you're right but when the max UVM passes by, especially after the first radar bright band, I suspect slight warming aloft will change to rain.  I am rooting for snow and the EC and some other modeling has hopes for brief pockets of moderate mixed snow-rain/sleet through midnight on LI.  

The good news, its not an easy wet snow give in to rain. 

5 minutes ago, binbisso said:

Me neither. When it's snowing in places like New Brunswick Edison Manhattan Long Island  its usually snow here.I've been here 26 years and never experience this yet.

Same in my time living here which is much shorter than yours I've never seen this happen. I'm also I think west of where you and closer to the hudson river than LI sound so I really don't understand how there would be sound influence. Guess it's a new weather phenomenom. Bizarre.  It could just be crappy rates in this area but it looks like precip is coming down decently.

4 minutes ago, binbisso said:

Around Southern most Westchester and NE Bronx all I see is rain, moderate at times. I assume if that strong east wind lines up right with the Sound it might as well be JFK here.

1 minute ago, dWave said:

Around Southern most Westchester and NE Bronx all I see is rain, moderate at times. I assume if that strong east wind lines up right with the Sound it might as well be JFK here.

I've never seen this happen though. Usually the sound isn't the atlantic especially unless you are like right up against it. Also I'm  closer to the Hudson than the Sound and having precip type issues so I don't know if it's even about the sound or some other weird phenomenom. 

• wdrag changed the title to Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.
  • Rjay unpinned this topic