• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.

wdrag

1 minute ago, Franklin0529 said:

That 2nd short wave keeps getting stronger and stronger.  Might not be done yet. That's pretty close to something really good to the city. Storm is basically a BM track now 

yup, pretty well defined trend here. that's making the difference, was definitely a nod to the GFS

ezgif-5-ee923ef39b.thumb.gif.1fb0c8b9df6f1e32a2a99157c56479d5.gif

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Franklin0529 said:

If this trend continues, the city a coast have a shot at few inches id think right?

It’s looking more interesting that’s for sure. City streets may stay wet. Outer boroughs may be able to get some snow. 

very interesting for LI north shore now. Very rough forecast. 1-5”?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, psv88 said:

It’s looking more interesting that’s for sure. City streets may stay wet. Outer boroughs may be able to get some snow. 

very interesting for LI north shore now. Very rough forecast. 1-5”?

Tough forecast. Gotta see if that 2nd wave keeps trending stronger. Get that to catch up an it can bomb out an crank that ccb earlier. It's close now, still time to trend more favorably 

2 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Shows above freezing up to central Ma. I doubt they go to rain.

kuchera and Snow depth show accum for city and coast now. I have no clue what tot expect here. 

Difference is proximity to ocean water. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Yikes for Boston 

Could be a storm where Logan gets 1-2” and Fenway Park 6”. Rt 128/Waltham and Newton areas and west are probably where you want to be safe. 2/1/2021 was very similar for them. They need the dynamic cooling from heavy rates. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, psv88 said:

I think if Bayville does well the whole north shore out to mattituck does well

I doubt I get more than an inch or two since these CCB are often over modeled and we have to deal with the same lousy E flow coming into the storm. You want to see a closed 500 low southeast of you to know you’re in the game for one. But I’ll be thrilled to get a surprise. 

4 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Yeah, rule we always used is you want 700mb to -8 to -10C if you're gonna flip over on back side and accumulate...its -5C so not even close

Numerical numbers show DPs around 32...its really close...as currently shown I think NYC is 34/32 in there and maybe it accumulates verbatim if its coming down crazy hard but current thermals to me fall short unless this thing can further phase/bomb earlier...no doubt the fact it will be overnight would help, even in January

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Franklin0529 said:

That 2nd short wave keeps getting stronger and stronger.  Might not be done yet. That's pretty close to something really good to the city. Storm is basically a BM track now 

Not sure I'd go that far, but this was encouraging for those northern burbs and the risk of CCB banding for those folks increased today, particularly east of the Hudson.

• Like 1

If you’re looking for more than a sloppy couple of inches we will need stronger dynamics to help cool the BL. Still you’re looking at 33-34 degrees in the city during peak intensity. The better hope is that Sunday materializes.

• Like 1

• wdrag changed the title to Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.
  • Rjay unpinned this topic