Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

7 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Certainly no "damage".  Zero outages in SVT via Green Mountain Power.  Temps were 30-32 though in the elevated East Slopes most of the night, so prob a decent glaze in spots I would assume.

Doesn't appear to be much. My place in VT (West Dover) is currently sitting at 29.8F. Precip from here on out is spotty at best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

I'm new here, do we have any posters in like the Woodford Dover Wilmington area? I don't think I've seen any yet.

Only posters I know of in SVT are myself and @wxmanmitch above 2K (near Woodford) who post with any modicum of frequency(Mitch mostly on twitter). Some members have second homes, condos, etc-- but not many that live here full time that post very often.  Unless I am forgetting someone?

Our new friend in Brattleboro too..

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

32° and mostly snow now…still some sleet in there

Back to raging sleet. There’s some pockets of better lift in there cooling that marginal layer just enough in spots. These small areas of higher cc are mixing with snow. Maybe another area by Mark now?

animated.gif

• Like 1

Initial batch of IP yielded a T @ 0700 and 0.1" shortly thereafter before switching to RN.  SN/IP mix right now after 0.11" RN.  CC seems to have washed out just to my South, so maybe we stay SN for a bit.

All the back and forth got me swapping out the 8" can like mad to try and not contaminate my frozen measurement.  Already swapped 3 times since 7A Obs.

3 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

Its been cranking here as well. I was surprised to see all the school districts closed but the timing is tough. If this keeps up for a couple more hours we will bust high. 

Ya we’ll see, this moves through quick but rates are decent. Gonna try and get up to the mountain in a few hours 

29 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Back to raging sleet. There’s some pockets of better lift in there cooling that marginal layer just enough in spots. These small areas of higher cc are mixing with snow. Maybe another area by Mark now?

animated.gif

Posted in the wrong thread, but just got off a call and had noticed that it looked foggy outside. Open the sliding glass door and it’s light sleet mixed with some flakes. Accumulating on top of the slush now.

16 minutes ago, NW_of_GYX said:

Mesos were on crack for this one and everyone, including myself, bought into it. Nice little refresh but we’re gonna bust very low on GYX forecast. On to the next one

Yeah I was thinking a nice fresh 4" in Campton NH area for snowmobiling, but it might actually be a net negative...... Sucks

4 minutes ago, NoCORH4L said:

Yeah I was thinking a nice fresh 4" in Campton NH area for snowmobiling, but it might actually be a net negative...... Sucks

This was a good reminder that in marginal systems the positive snow depth change maps are best for forecasting 

• Like 2