Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

12 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

They were talking of moving it, when they gonna play?

Monday at 4:30.

It sucks but you can’t have tens of thousands of people traveling into a legit blizzard w 65mph gusts. It’s not a regular 6-12” deal. It’s 1-2’+ with whiteout conditions…unless the LES is south lol.

15 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Monday at 4:30.

It sucks but you can’t have tens of thousands of people traveling into a legit blizzard w 65mph gusts. It’s not a regular 6-12” deal. It’s 1-2’+ with whiteout conditions…unless the LES is south lol.

Especially LES events. Buffalo folks are used to it but the general public (out of towners) don’t understand how quickly and suddenly conditions can deteriorate. 

Huh... really does feel like a cool spring vibe out there.  Even smells like it ... like a misty day during mud season, circa late March. 

Just noticed a broken squall line of low toppers forming west of Worcester

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, radarman said:

Kathy Hochul made the call fwiw

Like most major decisions, it was made in conjunction with NWS folks and emergency management leaders...  It really is not even about the game perse; it's about the safety of having thousands of travelers on the road and no way to get to them...  Folks have short memories about how many people died last year in the Buf blizzard.  I'd love to see a game in blizzard conditions, but it's the big picture more than the game....

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Huh... really does feel like a cool spring vibe out there.  Even smells like it ... like a misty day during mud season, circa late March. 

Just noticed a broken squall line of low toppers forming west of Worcester

Oh no, a month before your typical warm car seat post? Man, this is ugly

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FXWX said:

Like most major decisions, it was made in conjunction with NWS folks and emergency management leaders...  It really is not even about the game perse; it's about the safety of having thousands of travelers on the road and no way to get to them...  Folks have short memories about how many people died last year in the Buf blizzard.  I'd love to see a game in blizzard conditions, but it's the big picture more than the game....

I'm not editorializing on the decision, but I've seen a bunch of unhappy folks ripping the NFL when they're just doing what they're told in this instance.  Not that the NFL needs me to defend em.

3 minutes ago, FXWX said:

Band will be south of stadium by 1-2pm I think, they just did not want people driving in it.  I feel maybe having it at night would have been fine

24 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

2 to 3 feet of snow and 50 MPH wind is not lame

As well as a travel ban in city of Buf.   So unless they want play in front of no fans this is smart.  And it may be snowing Monday during the game 

35 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Band will be south of stadium by 1-2pm I think, they just did not want people driving in it.  I feel maybe having it at night would have been fine

There’s already a game tomorrow night - they aren’t going to have two playoff games at the same time

7 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

61 in the winter land known as Methuen..

F- grade for the winter

You had a HECS in Methuen, please stop.  Most areas  near the coast are sitting at under one inch on the year or zero 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1