Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday, December 17 - Monday, December 18, 2023 Storm

weatherwiz

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

The stream flooding around here is much worse than last week. Everything I’ve driven by today is already over its banks with moderate to heavy rain still falling.

Yeah, I'm wondering about the flooding at this end of Rt poopie ...

The Nashua River was way up in the back water above the research dam along the Harv/Ayer line just after that last event so the region may be primed.

• Like 1

The winds are slackening pretty abruptly ... collocated with that back edge on vis sat/loop racing N.  Obs along the western end of L.I. saw winds decrease from routine gusts to 40-45 mph, down to 25 very quickly as that brightening passed in.  

Hang on in CT! It'll probably be over by 11 am S, and 2pm up near the Ma Pike. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

EDIT that was not updated.. Just rechecked NWS reports many 55-65 in Western CT around 4-5am.. OXC 53mph 66 Stamford Coop.. 56 Meriden Airport

Haven't had time to look around for highest or latest...but this makes a ton of sense now. 

When I had checked I as well noticed alot of 35-45 mph gusts and I was starting to think that the saturated grounds had played a significant role in the power outages/tree damage. Now...that certainly has attributed but I thought that along with 35-45 mph gusts couldn't possibly net 85K power outages...but seeing max gusts now 55-65...it makes absolute sense now.