Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec/Jan Medium/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

Just now, Heisy said:

Yea we’re in the warm sector of a cold front there… at that stage It has entered the plains. It would eventually come East, as I mentioned we’d warm up for a few days ahead of any arctic blast. That’s if GFS is even close to being right who knows…

And its not a torch by any means. The end of the GEFS looked really flat to me. PSU was mentioning a reload. But the nice thing is the cold air is already on our side of the hemisphere before it happens. And of course it is way out there in range anyways.

22 minutes ago, Heisy said:

Yea we’re in the warm sector of a cold front there… at that stage It has entered the plains. It would eventually come East, as I mentioned we’d warm up for a few days ahead of any arctic blast. That’s if GFS is even close to being right who knows…

This will be a true arctic  outbreak, Hitting the center  of the country then coming  east  is  ideal.

17 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

weenie stuff here, but god damn for early Feb. SPV gets wrecked and west based blocking is showing up 

IMG_3866.thumb.png.0d2fe01cd4a994159b56a6fc69382296.png

Early Jan is get on the board time with a moderate event or 2. Late Jan into mid Feb might be KU time, given strong Nino, QBO phase, weak SPV, and pretty much all extended guidance consistently depicting a period of sustained NA blocking.

• Like 10

31 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

WB 12Z GEFS, so we have a one in 30 chance of snow the next 7 days.  Hopefully, a discreet threat will pop into view by the end of next weekend.

IMG_2391.png

There are currently discrete(proper spelling) threats on the ens means though. Not all about the damn snow maps.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, stormy said:

Wow!!  Both the ECM and GEM give much of Augusta County 2 inches of rain during the next 168 hrs..

This Nino is producing. Many Valley folks have been praying for a wet Winter. December is making a solid contribution.

19 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

I am excited about January, but a couple weeks ago there was some hope of a discrete threat they'd upcoming week, that has since fizzled.  I am sincerely grateful about the upcoming rain this week, we need it....WB 12Z GFS.

IMG_2393.png

Interesting new angle of attack we’re seeing … they’re evolving (devolving?)

• Haha 1