Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec/Jan Medium/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

10 minutes ago, Ji said:

One of the worst gfs runs in an El Niño I’ve ever seen

So you mean there are cutters every 5 days and the east coast is torched with 60+ degrees throughout? ;)

Cold is coming, opportunities are there.  Picture will be clearer with the opportunities mid week next week.

I recall early Jan 2010 was cold and dry in eastern regions, in particular Florida very cold relative to normal. Patience was rewarded big time, but almost all of Jan except last 2-3 days were uneventful. El Nino climatology is back-loaded winters, as you know. Would be nice to wring out one moderate snowfall event in early Jan and expect a minor return to mild, seems to be part of deal most times, before better setups begin.  

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Much stronger signal for a gulf low tracking towards the east coast. Nice surface setup.

1704520800-VGOiS1vPCDQ.png

1704520800-LR243LHm3ic.png

Your in top form @CAPE. Appreciate the updates.  Not posting as much because I have suffered medical issues and surgery, but your posts cheer me up every morning. 

I am really hopeful for snowfall in early Jan. Things looking better and better.  

• Like 26

Yesterday afternoon, the 18z GFS op. made some flawed assumptions IMO that culminated in a major snowstorm for our region around Jan. 6 - 7.

IMO, a very erratic track would not survive the test of time and I so stated my opinion. It did not survive the test of time. Period, Stop

The period between Dec. 28 - Jan. 10 should be active and produce some snow for most of us. I believe most of us agree or at least hope for this reality. Accurate details are not available at this early date.  Early speculation will likely change, but that is ok for those who wish to speculate. I will not criticize those who throw cold water on my ideas. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Enjoy your life and now I begin a busy day.

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 6

6 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Hope you recover swiftly , frd.

and, yea, plus 1 to cape for airing out the room from Ji’s farts overnight.

I was so confused. "Worst runs of the season" then this morning it's all rainbows and buttercup. Anyway.. off to have a coffee and a joint. It's a beautiful day to be outside. Thanks CAPE for the updates. Always appreciated 

17 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

The eps really perked up for that timeframe last night 

It’s a shame your sub forum is the way it is. It’s like a total different vibe there compared to here and the NE sub forum