• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/17/18 Disco/Obs - Rain/Wind Event

Weather Will

I noticed deguy that you awarded me a hotdog over my excitement over the incredible Mid Atlantic Rain Shield!

Yeah deguy, I am a rain shield weenie. Even more than a snow weenie. Where I live grown men dance over torrential rains! We got cattlemen and ranchers down here and ag interests. And I need water, BAD. We got millions of people from the rest of the US moving into the central TX region and millions and millions coming up from wonderful exciting places like Nicaragua and we will never have enough water. Those fine folks are welcome to live here in the US! But we WILL run out of water soon. It is mathematics and numbers dont lie!

So, yeah, I am a RAIN SHIELD WEENIE!

I want Hurricane Harvey to come spin over Austin for 6 months. I want rain so damn bad. I want atmospheric river after atmospheric river after atmospheric river after atmospheric river after atmospheric river after atmospheric river after atmospheric river after atmospheric river after atmospheric river after atmospheric river after atmospheric river after atmospheric river after atmospheric river after atmospheric river after atmospheric river. I want a total rain catastrophe in Texas because I am so self centered about water availability. I want the damned water table to be about 2 inches below the ground. I am fracking CRAZY about having enough water!

You ever try livin' with no water? You'd last three days then end up fookin' DEAD.

• Haha 15
  • Weenie 1

3 hours ago, jacindc said:

I was in it on 95 in South Carolina and bailed over to a US highway. Between the deluge, the standing water, the stiff wind, and the idiots going 80, I opted for a slower-but-safer route. Finally started letting up around Brunswick, GA. Southern NC also has all that construction now. Ugly.

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

95 thru the Carolina is as dreadful a stretch of interstate there is. No scenery, lots more traffic than you would think. Done it many times and hate it evermore. Rt. 1 is (or was) somewhat nicer. 

Meanwhile, rain. Almost carbon copy of last Sunday night except we won't get a surprise dusting around 3 this morning. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 09-10 analogy said:

...Meanwhile, rain. Almost carbon copy of last Sunday night except we won't get a surprise dusting around 3 this morning. 

Nov 5 and 12 seem to be the only weekends without rain at my station since Sept 3.  Some pretty minor, but still.... I'm getting sick of rainy Sundays.

Just emptied 0.99" for today. Plenty still falling. Temp 54f

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic