• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Moderate-High Impact Storm Noon Sun Dec 17, 2023 - 4PM Mon Dec 18. Flooding rain I95 corridor northwestward, coastal tidal flooding, brief periods of damaging 50 MPH+ wind gusts LI/CT Monday, ends as a little wet snow interior elevations Tue morning.

wdrag

8 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Starting to roar. The offshore waves heights are mind boggling. Pushing 30 feet south of us which means with continued fetch we could be over 30 feet in the morning. Once a decade fetch event occurring. Major beach wash overs coming. 

https://forecast.weather.gov/wwamap/wwatxtget.php?cwa=PHI&wwa=hurricane force wind warning

Of course my do decides to wake me up to go use the bathroom when the rain is at its heaviest. Nasty out right now. Almost feels tropical. Peak wind gust of 57 mph so far. Nearby PWS at the beach peaked at 62 mph a few min ago. I come back inside and well, what do ya know? The roof is leaking. Smh.

• Sad 1

Max wind reports (KNOTS) in various categories past 3 hours ending 430AM,  24 hour qpf on the NJ and NYS mesonets and max wind NYS this morning (MPH)... seeing upper 50s NYC area and NJ (not posted) is in the low-mid 50s on parts of the coast...   Power outages significant so far, but unexpectedly for me, interior NNJ and interior se NYS, so far. 

Screen Shot 2023-12-18 at 4.30.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-18 at 4.32.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-18 at 4.34.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-18 at 4.36.27 AM.png

Good morning... Big rains all done Noon-3PM southwest to northeast with the bulk in the books by 8AM.  Already over 4" north central Morris County NJ.  Flooding as experienced now (5AM) on the roads with small stream rapidly rising now and many in the interior going into minor flood as per NWS monitoring systems. A few moderates predicted.  Monitor official info if you're near those streams/rivers. 

Wind: looks like the max near 60 MPH in our NYC subforum should have completed by 10AM,  but the back side westerly wind will still be pretty strong in the 35-45 MPH mid afternoon.  

Catskills might see a sleet/rain mix at the tail end around 2P. 

The period of snow/flurries looks to be on for the Poconos-NW NJ, interior se NYS to Litchfield County between 1AM and 7AM Tuesday with untreated surfaces slippery, in part because of residual runoff iciing, and in part because of a 0.1 to 1" new very minor snowfall. Flurries could be seen elsewhere in our NYC subforum around sunrise but no accum I95. 

That's my best shot... will add some real time data if it looks important but might not be too much more.... stay on top of everything and post as needed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Rjay unpinned this topic