Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2023

George BM

1 hour ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

We smoked so much cirrus out in Cross Junction I failed a drug test. We didn't get a single flake out there.  Remember driving into town the next morning and hit snow dusting at the Virginia Farm Market.  About 2 inches at our office in Kernstown.   Went over to my place in Front Royal that evening and there was over 4" on the ground.  Unreal.

:lol: good one

Wow, Palisades Tahoe is getting thrashed pretty good! The Alpine cams show this in sharp relief!

https://www.palisadestahoe.com/mountain-information/webcams#tab=alpine Check out the Alpine Race Cam! Wow they are getting annihilated pretty good! It looks like they might have 4-5 inches already and this is only just gettin' started.

The Palisades cams show it too!

https://www.palisadestahoe.com/mountain-information/webcams#tab=palisades

Does anyone recall a product from I believe the Utah Climate Center where you could create all kinds of plots of various temperature variables for a particular station?  For example, you could do the hourly count of say a dewpoint above 80F for the hours of the day within the period of record for a station.  That service does not seem to be available anymore, does anyone know what happened to it?

15 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Hey. A buddy and I are heading down for an evening next week. Probably Friday. Definitely going to hit up DFH, so if you’re available, it would be good to catch up.

Busy week for me next week but a few recommendations for you and your friend-

Black Tag Imperial Stout

Pennsylvania Tuxedo Pale Ale

Horkin' Heapload IPA

I drank all 3 on tap and loved them all- all available at the shop bottled/canned. 

• Like 2

FRESH SNOW ALERT!!!!!

Mammoth got 2-3 inches new snow last night.

Palisades got annihilated by truly heavy snows overnight, ended up with 15 inches of fresh pow!!!!! That snow simply POURED last night! I was glued to that resort cam for HOURS!

https://www.palisadestahoe.com/mountain-information/webcams

Its snowing again at Palisades Tahoe!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

It's a legitimate fear. We've seen these jet extensions persist longer than initially forecast and it leads to can kicking once we get close to D10 l, like 2018-2019.

Maybe you should just not track for a little while. The break may be helpful...And you wanna know what I'm learning? To not post my negative feelings if I have them. I'm realizing that it's not good for the forum, and this forum is not about me and being an endless venting session. 

I'm also realizing that anytime it gets to the point of bothering me, I gotta reset and step away from everything for awhile. The more you feed the negativity the more it grows in your mind. Don't give it that kind of power, dude...just step away when you need to...and don't bring the board down (because again, it's here for other people too).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Where the frickle did this news pop up from? Oh shoot :o (And he's a Baltimore native too...hmmm!)

Well Rubenstein -- as noted -- was born in Baltimore so I imagine he wouldn't try to move them. From the admittedly threadbare article -- although Bloomberg is a very legit source -- I get the vibe he's just another filthy-rich guy (although is $4.6 billion even considered "filthy rich" these days?) who wants a plaything. But if he's hands-off and willing to spend to, say, extend Henderson and some of the other burgeoning stars, that's not so bad. Certainly better than John Angelos, whose tenure as O's all-but-in-name owner can't be terminated quickly enough.    

44 minutes ago, 09-10 analogy said:

Well Rubenstein -- as noted -- was born in Baltimore so I imagine he wouldn't try to move them. From the admittedly threadbare article -- although Bloomberg is a very legit source -- I get the vibe he's just another filthy-rich guy (although is $4.6 billion even considered "filthy rich" these days?) who wants a plaything. But if he's hands-off and willing to spend to, say, extend Henderson and some of the other burgeoning stars, that's not so bad. Certainly better than John Angelos, whose tenure as O's all-but-in-name owner can't be terminated quickly enough.    

Local guy, which is good. But as a Poly alum, I don't know how I feel about a City grad buying the team.

• Haha 2

The main purpose i searched out and joined places like Wrights, Eastern, DaBenchmark, American and the one Matt created Weenietown??? was to talk about snow and get excited with like minded people and also disappointed together as well and oh yeah to break balls when people acted a fool. I don't quite understand the few people on here now who when there is potential even a low one or even just a hint of a positive pattern showing up spend 100% of their energy trying to downplay or poo poo it. Don't feed me that bullshit about PTSD....I believe it's totally the fact that some of you are just complete miserable fucks and can't handle disappointment. Good luck out there in the real world with that. 

Rant over...hope to see some snow soon! :hurrbear:

anybody offended by this can blame Leesburg 04 that guy is a tool

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

The main purpose i searched out and joined places like Wrights, Eastern, DaBenchmark, American and the one Matt created Weenietown??? was to talk about snow and get excited with like minded people and also disappointed together as well and oh yeah to break balls when people acted a fool. I don't quite understand the few people on here now who when there is potential even a low one or even just a hint of a positive pattern showing up spend 100% of their energy trying to downplay or poo poo it. Don't feed me that bullshit about PTSD....I believe it's totally the fact that some of you are just complete miserable fucks and can't handle disappointment. Good luck out there in the real world with that. 

Rant over...hope to see some snow soon! :hurrbear:

anybody offended by this can blame Leesburg 04 that guy is a tool

Leesburg 04 is a miserable tool.  so happy he left the board.

• Haha 3

On 12/7/2023 at 10:11 AM, pazzo83 said:

Does anyone recall a product from I believe the Utah Climate Center where you could create all kinds of plots of various temperature variables for a particular station?  For example, you could do the hourly count of say a dewpoint above 80F for the hours of the day within the period of record for a station.  That service does not seem to be available anymore, does anyone know what happened to it?

Iowa State.  Utah state has the best download site for the full climate record for stations, but Iowa State's has the fun tools.

https://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/plotting/auto/

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic