• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2023

George BM

I just had a memory pop up on my Facebook from this day in 2010 and I was posting about how it was cold, but there were no signs of snow in the foreseeable future, and just whining/complaining about it. In early December directly following our unbelievable 09/10. What a pathetic weenie I was! LOL

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mattie g said:

We’re punting the next three weeks, and the models have sucked at ranges beyond that, so it’s looking like a shit winter since we’re going into mid-January with no snow on the board.

That’s January thaw time. Maybe we can get a little something in February??

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Hadn’t even thought of January thaw. So yeah…we might luck into a decent 10-day period in early-February prime snow climo and put 6-8” on the board.

Drip drip drip, sun angle season though.  Basically by Feb 5th, you need SPF 50 if you’re outside for 10 minutes.  6-8” if it falls at night…if its during the day, will it even stick?  

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, RickinBaltimore said:

So for you college football fans. If FSU wins tonight, who gets spot 4 in the playoff? Bama or Texas?

4 minutes ago, RickinBaltimore said:

So for you college football fans. If FSU wins tonight, who gets spot 4 in the playoff? Bama or Texas?

1.Mich 2.Wash 3.Texas 4.Bama (FSU out win or lose)

13 hours ago, RickinBaltimore said:

The way the FSU/Louisville game is going, the Seminoles will be lucky to escape with a win.  Absolutely pathetic offense for FSU, and the Cardinals have kept them close.  I thought they would start taking control after that long run and TD, but now they let Louisville get right back in it.

(ETA:  Well, an ugly win, but I'm sure they'll take it!  Defense clearly won the game for FSU.)

8 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Wild that we are going to see a Power 5 conference undefeated champion left out of the CFB.

That very well could happen.  I think the only reason FSU would be kept out is due to the fact that their quarterback situation is so uncertain after Jordan Travis got injured and out for the season.  The thinking (such as it is) being that maybe FSU isn't "strong enough" to be in the top 4 due to that.  While I can sort of possibly see that argument to an extent, I don't find it valid.  Would you seriously take an undefeated team that was ranked #4 going into this weekend and actually DROP them one or two spots after they won their conference title game (albeit a rough, ugly win; their defense won it for them!) and after #1 Georgia lost theirs?  Sure, FSU could get into the playoffs and get steamrolled in the first game (if they get in, I wouldn't be surprised if this scenario occurred!).  But they earned a spot all the same...you should go by the record and who won their conference.  Do we deny an NFL or MLB team or whomever a playoff spot that they clearly earned with their record, just because their star player had a season-ending injury and they "might not be as good"?  I know, not the same as college football, but you get the idea.

1 hour ago, winter_warlock said:

Now this is a rant... Tony pann a met in baltimore. Posted a model on facebook,  saying the model is predicting snow by the end of the month.  Now anyone who lnows the weather knows that the model will not look like that by the end of the month.  So why hype it??  Makes no sense and he loses credibility  in my opinion by hyping it!! .. heres the post....

Screenshot_20231203_121757_Facebook.jpg

I would take anything said by that individual with a grain of salt. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic