Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

9 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Every winter has that potential. We're prob due for some breaks though. Tropical PAC does become a lot more favorable late month, so hopefully things turn around.

If we're trying to sneak something in before that, I'd look at that the 12/21-22 period. Some of the guidance has been showing some weakness in the flow around that time. But obviously you need good timing when we have marginal airmasses.

We have a lot to overcome to be able to pull something off, I'm not so sure even that period is doable, Lot of pac air in the conus.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I am always struck by how, in this country, we pull together so many different strands all the time.  We are, at our best, a living breathing example of the value of diversity.  We are unlike any other country in this way, and I think it is my favorite part of being American.

If I want to link it to weather, which I should, it is the diversity of the weather here that I like the best.  We have been spending a lot of time in Bogota...which is a great country, but there is very little variety in the weather, and that is boring.  Up here we have variety, and unpredictability.  Love it.

Awesome post

Absolutely was thinking about how diverse our music is and how much I love all of it. Same with living in New England with our diverse seasons and diverse ways to enjoy them. We really do have it all.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Nice Jeff! Congratulations….you were due. Looks great. What year…17? 18?  Very happy for you. Doesn’t matter what happens here….we’ll be riding up north.  All the best with it. 

Thanks JD, 2020, Low miles 1,400, Yeah, I haven't rode down here the past 5yrs, I'll be heading up north all winter.

• Like 1

Must've been nice to be alive in that 1938-1960 period with like five major wind events in 20 years. 1938, 1950 Appalachian, Carol, Edna, and Donna. I think 1950 impresses me the most besides 1938 because how often does HFD get 70 sustained with gusts to 100 from a non-tropical entity? A repeat of 1950 would be really neat. Imagine  another 1950 only in January or February with 70 sustained winds and like -50 wind chills? Would be insane to witness firsthand.

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Maybe confide in a met friend?

Ha!   Nah I just think if we actually had something worthwhile to redirect our attention. It might bleed a little bit more interest back into this engagement.  Ive just grown tired of the seasonal outlooks and weeklies … and extended this and that … kicking cans.  It just gets exhausting.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Ha!   Nah I just think if we actually had something worthwhile to redirect our attention. It might bleed a little bit more interest back into this engagement.  Ive just grown tired of the seasonal outlooks and weeklies … and extended this and that … kicking cans.  It just gets exhausting.  

Totally.  Its like rooting for a bad football team early in the season and thinking this is the year if….and then the season depends on a heap of ifs and buts and thats as good as ever gets.

1 hour ago, mahk_webstah said:

I am always struck by how, in this country, we pull together so many different strands all the time.  We are, at our best, a living breathing example of the value of diversity.  We are unlike any other country in this way, and I think it is my favorite part of being American.

If I want to link it to weather, which I should, it is the diversity of the weather here that I like the best.  We have been spending a lot of time in Bogota...which is a great country, but there is very little variety in the weather, and that is boring.  Up here we have variety, and unpredictability.  Love it.

The weather variety is awesome.  We're finally getting to visit Thailand next year.  Absolutely beautiful country, but it's always sort of hot, hot, rain and hot rain :lol: I don't know if I could live with that all the time 

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya, was gonna say I think it’s an 850. Great strong motor!  Wow…nice that it’s a 2020, and those are incredibly low miles.  Very nice find. Nothing like some new iron to rejuvenate you for the upcoming season. Let us know what you think of it please…:thumbsup::snowing::sled:

I rode a buddy of mines 2020 last year and didn't want to get off it :)

• Like 1