Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter 2023

George BM

18 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Let’s get another storm like that this winter 

We lost 8 inches of snow cover within 24 hours of the snow stopping. Would much rather prefer a Valentine's Day 2007 event where we got the storm on the front end of the pattern change and we went vodka cold for a few days after. We just don't get good winters here anymore unfortunately.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

We lost 8 inches of snow cover within 24 hours of the snow stopping. Would much rather prefer a Valentine's Day 2007 event where we got the storm on the front end of the pattern change and we went vodka cold for a few days after. We just don't get good winters here anymore unfortunately.

The sleet bomb?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

If you're that picky about your snow, you're behind the eight ball going in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

I thought we all agreed years ago that December no longer acts like a winter month and now March is more like winter. I vote we move the holidays to January to solve all of the board angst.

There is still that little matter of making sure PSU's yard gets a little snow in the next couple weeks otherwise DC winter is screwed.

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

I thought we all agreed years ago that December no longer acts like a winter month and now March is more like winter. I vote we move the holidays to January to solve all of the board angst.

Plus Decembers in Ninos are usually mild and the least snowy month? Last December we had a pretty canonical Niña cold pattern the second half of that month and we got boned in the snow department. 

• Like 1

PSU just said "if".....but that was enough to start the chatter, lol I'm not sure the forum is capable of NOT reacting when talking about an if scenario that would damage snow climo. It's just the emotions and such...but I'm finding out on here that a scientific mindset and emotional consideration don't always go together, lol But nevertheless...if he brings it up said chatter will start everytime.

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

My main point earlier was just...its fine for this pattern to not be working in November and early December... but if its still too warm in January/February I don't want to hear any of this "the pacific isnt good" crap.  We've snowed plenty with this exact pacific pattern in past el nino's.  That was all I was trying to show.  

Tell me if I'm way off base here (and I apologize if I am) but...why does it sound like you have an ongoing contempt with arguments from a year ago? Like what you're saying is right about what it could implicate, but everytime you say it it is as if you still have a bone to pick or something. And perhaps I haven't followed enough, but lately I haven't seen many (if any) on here arguing with you otherwise. I mean yeah we're all hoping it isn't true, lol, but I'm not seeing the arguments much anymore.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic