Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Yesvember or November?

Go Kart Mozart

7 minutes ago, Professional Lurker said:

Stupid idea to get a thread going for tonight's fun? The winter wx is mostly where people don't live, but for those of us who do, worth it?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

We encourage new threads.  Start an obs thread. I think quite a few over the interior will at least start as frozen even if it doesn’t last long for most of us. 

Sitting at 34/23 looking and feeling like snow is at the doorstep, too bad it'll probably be just mood flakes and wetness, but I dig the feeling outside, man I have missed winter, and the last couple years have been pretty garbage too, so due for a nice one, with constant tracking and verification would be great!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brian5671 said:

Tomorrow for sure as we get warm sectored for awhile.   Meanwhile, nasty here with stiff east winds and some sprinkles kicking in 44 degrees

I'm wondering if the low skirts the CT coastline (maybe just south of you) to SE MA. That limits the warm sector, although still may kiss 50ish. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I'm wondering if the low skirts the CT coastline (maybe just south of you) to SE MA. That limits the warm sector, although still may kiss 50ish. 

IT may skirt the coast given the thermal gradient-water is still warm this time of year in the 50's.  So might ride the boundary?

1 hour ago, Professional Lurker said:

Stupid idea to get a thread going for tonight's fun? The winter wx is mostly where people don't live, but for those of us who do, worth it?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

go for it-assuming you don't want anyone here to get any snow :D

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Sunday night looking a little more interesting . Maybe 1-3” hills?

Haven't heard that from anyone yet. But sometimes we're on to something before the meteorologists want to make anything official. I did see that there's some showers in the forecast for Sunday night and to Monday but nothing about snow.

12 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Haven't heard that from anyone yet. But sometimes we're on to something before the meteorologists want to make anything official. I did see that there's some showers in the forecast for Sunday night and to Monday but nothing about snow.

Probably low impact but chance is there

This opens the door
for another low pressure to move NE along the coast, and impact
southern New England sometime between Sunday night into Monday
evening. This timing will likely change with later forecasts.
Depending upon the track and timing, thinking rainfall for most,
with a possibility for some light snow across the higher terrain,
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

32/23

Kind of expected an advisory here given tomorrow is a travel day and it could be messy around sunrise. GYX map only has 1-2”, but most clowns have been running 3-5”. I haven’t had much of a chance to dig deeper yet…had a busy day winterizing. 

I’d agree. Was surprised nothing closer to the Monads this morning.

Just now, powderfreak said:

The HRRR has been on absolute meth lately.  It just keeps ramping up every hour.

10:1 isn't happening, but what is this thing doing?

hrrr-vt-total_snow_10to1-0665200.thumb.png.f2d6f77a6aa14634faaf8ca79e92cee7.png

I noticed today that it was really humping the ridgelines and throwing major QPF that way. However, there was an elevation component to radar precipitation estimates at State College. But, I think HRRR is going a little wild with that.