Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Mid/Long Range Discussion

WxUSAF

4 hours ago, CAPE said:

Spire lookin good B)

I'm loving this ----EPO eye candy, but is it reasonable to be concerned that maybe this is too much of a good thing, especially so early in the NH cold season?  Will the air of the source region have even had time to really chill in the polar night?  If it discharges before it's had time to "marinate", will we just be left with a marginal early seaon cold outbreak and a depleted source region?

Of course this is all just a hypothetical concern assuming the modeling even comes close to verifying.

18 minutes ago, CAPE said:

The ens mean ofc has a stronger signal for frozen(albeit still modest) than the previous 2 runs where the op snowed on us. This upcoming period is good practice if nothing else. We gonna be busy this winter. B)

1701043200-PYruStZBhCw.png

Hopefully busy tracking snow and not cold rain. 

9 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

^weak wave riding a fresh airmass...we can score easily in those events.

What 'should' historically be different this season (Nino) vs last few (Nina) these followup waves won't get shredded to smithereens every time. Have a good feeling the shred factory is not going to be our biggest problem this season. Definitely not hating the advertised longwave signals moving forward.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Pacific changes from unfavorable to favorable for cold 11/20

AO goes negative 11/24

Models try to give NAO negative as a 3rd wave 11/30, but I'd watch for fluctuations, as the last few weeks has had a lot of NAO changes at that range.

Then there is signal for wave dropping into the SW 12/1-2, possibly timing with -NAO lifting out around 12/3-5, but that's far away.. 

• Like 12

Verbatim, 12z GGEM would threaten some record low maxes/record lows next Friday-Saturday. Especially for BWI and maybe IAD. But GGEM runs too cold at the surface…although I think gfs is too warm also. My wag right now is maybe 18-22 for lows at BWI and IAD and highs in the upper 30s?

• Like 14

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic