Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Mid/Long Range Discussion

WxUSAF

2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I agree.  As currently depicted, it's a "real" -NAO.  I think he's splitting hairs that it's not forming through the one way of a Scandinavian ridge that retrogrades into the NAO domain.  But Rossby wave breaking is also a very "real" way for a -NAO to form, and that's what's happening here.  One thing I'm watching for is the orientation of the ridge.  I want to see it develop that E-W orientation that's being advertised, and not just N-S.  An E-W ridge over Greenland and Baffin is FAR more effective than a poleward oriented ridge over Greenland or Iceland.  

You will get that E-W ridge. You will also get demolished by snow.

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
5 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

I agree.  As currently depicted, it's a "real" -NAO.  I think he's splitting hairs that it's not forming through the one way of a Scandinavian ridge that retrogrades into the NAO domain.  But Rossby wave breaking is also a very "real" way for a -NAO to form, and that's what's happening here.  One thing I'm watching for is the orientation of the ridge.  I want to see it develop that E-W orientation that's being advertised, and not just N-S.  An E-W ridge over Greenland and Baffin is FAR more effective than a poleward oriented ridge over Greenland or Iceland.  

In a criticizing reply tweet to margavage he actually said it was a legit -NAO and then unloaded his opinion of rest of margavages tweet, lol