Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Octorcher or Roctober 2023 Discussion Thread

Damage In Tolland

47 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It’s actually not that late yet for snow.  It is extremely late for first 32F and lower.

Theres certainly been years into November without even summit snows.  Usually first picnic table snows here are sometime during the second half of October.

The snow level has been in the 5,000ft range a couple times, hitting MWN and touching Whiteface summit.  But hasn’t dropped low enough to get the 4,000ft range.

No sub 32 yet at the top? I probably missed it, but when is the typical 1st 32 reading?

22 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I don’t blame him , he lives at 2400’ in A spot he bought due to it’s huge snowfall . I mean I wouldn’t have a poll in Nashua lol but at the biggest snow spot in S VT ya why not 

I think it was more about the language of his post. He literally said, "his house".  Maybe if he mentioned the town, I might cut him some slack. 

I'm a fan of a few meteorologists here in Connecticut. Ryan, of course, and I also am a fan of Gil Simmons from WTNH. WTNH. He gave a bit of his view of one he thinks. We'll see our first flurries, and first widespread snow. He gave a guesstimate of flurry somewhere around the 7th of November, and thought around the 27th We would have a shot of some snow across the state. Now. Of course not talking blockbuster snow, but some snow. None of this is set in stone, and he even said it's just something he sees as a possibility. Something to look forward to for now.

• Weenie 2

53 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Readsboro I think near 2200'. 

Does it count as a town if nobody lives there?

30 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

It’s coming…

510 thicknesses would be extremely impressive for first few days of November....doubt it's that extreme, but there's pretty good ensemble support of a decent cold shot as of now. Would be good to kill off the rest of the yellowjackets at least.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Does it count as a town if nobody lives there?

510 thicknesses would be extremely impressive for first few days of November....doubt it's that extreme, but there's pretty good ensemble support of a decent cold shot as of now. Would be good to kill off the rest of the yellowjackets at least.

Yes sir.  Ya it’ll moderate…but It’s nice just to see it on the modeling. 

8 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

Yeah foliage ended up okay, not great.

I really thought as of last week it was going to be pretty bum year for nice foliage. However, just in the last couple of days, the hills around my house look like calico mountain. The colors are really popping and looking really nice. So there is some salvaged foliage happening

35 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Not the best season for foliage, but it’s still pretty solid here. 

24 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I really thought as of last week it was going to be pretty bum year for nice foliage. However, just in the last couple of days, the hills around my house look like calico mountain. The colors are really popping and looking really nice. So there is some salvaged foliage happening

Yes…was saying this same thing yesterday…it’s rallied quite nicely. Nature didn’t disappoint all too much after all. Looks pretty decent here…getting better each day. The wind could do it in tomorrow though? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Weenie post…..but if extrapolated the euro op probably would have an interesting event post day 10. 

I know I know……but nothing else going on.

Just keep it showing up on the models for now, It does look like there will be a period of cold in that time frame so it is possible if there is a system nearby.