Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Octorcher or Roctober 2023 Discussion Thread

Damage In Tolland

14 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Interesting Fuji saves the weekend and keeps us dry. Huge retro low backing into far Northern Maine while our weekend wash out gets rotated way under us. Eventually the retro low absorbs the Mid Atlantic low and bombs out in Newfoundland. Cool meteorology. This is the 0z EPS

Screenshot_20231012_065810_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231012_065908_Chrome.jpg

I know! I'm glad it's salvages half our weekend. Sunday looks good now, Saturday has some light rain and half of Connecticut, but the other half would stay mostly dry. If this was winter .. when a few days ago where they were telling us we were going to have a major snow storm, there would be a lot of broken hearts this morning. Lol

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I know! I'm glad it's salvages half our weekend. Sunday looks good now, Saturday has some light rain and half of Connecticut, but the other half would stay mostly dry. If this was winter .. when a few days ago where they were telling us we were going to have a major snow storm, there would be a lot of broken hearts this morning. Lol

Save a horse, toss the euro.

• Weenie 1

2 hours ago, eyewall said:

It is definitely a very dull/uneven year foliage wise in VT but I did manage this in Smugglers Notch with a little color enhancement in post (Taken 10/11):

F8Phm0pXQAA_PyA?format=jpg&name=4096x409

All the color came down in the rain and wind… leaving behind this brownish/yellowish green.

The stuff on the ground was the color and the stuff left in the trees is terrible.  Very odd season.  The change from before the 2.5” of rain and after was startling.  24 hours and it all gone.

3479F5B4-2EAC-41F3-B599-0CA9CE99F2DE.thumb.jpeg.8cc0fdb5bc47bf21bfc62d911c491b6f.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

All the color came down in the rain and wind… leaving behind this brownish/yellowish green.

The stuff on the ground was the color and the stuff left in the trees is terrible.  Very odd season.  The change from before the 2.5” of rain and after was startling.  24 hours and it all gone.

3479F5B4-2EAC-41F3-B599-0CA9CE99F2DE.thumb.jpeg.8cc0fdb5bc47bf21bfc62d911c491b6f.jpeg

lol, a very quick time span for any color…here and gone. 

5 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Interesting Fuji saves the weekend and keeps us dry. Huge retro low backing into far Northern Maine while our weekend wash out gets rotated way under us. Eventually the retro low absorbs the Mid Atlantic low and bombs out in Newfoundland. Cool meteorology. This is the 0z EPS

Screenshot_20231012_065810_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231012_065908_Chrome.jpg

If this was Jan and this happened...........

.67508156-4B40-4412-8E35-ECDF8315CD29.gif.16ad8847feff2e38cbf03a529805b29e.gif

8 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya, only this year. Last years foliage was absolutely stunning.  It happens…to much rain this year messed up the leaves. 

We had more rain in 2020 and the foliage was spectacular. My opinion only is the late freeze and the obstructed sun from smoke during growth days. Excessice Precip wouldn't matter although 4 feet of water under the Hickory stump we removed was incredible. It was like hitting a geyser of oil once the stump lifted by the excavator. (Too much fun on the excavator our friend let us use)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

We had more rain in 2020 and the foliage was spectacular. My opinion only is the late freeze and the obstructed sun from smoke during growth days. Excessice Precip wouldn't matter although 4 feet of water under the Hickory stump we removed was incredible. It was like hitting a geyser of oil once the stump lifted by the excavator. (Too much fun on the excavator our friend let us use)

I think I had more rain this summer here than 2020, but regardless, it could be a lot of different things. The smoke…certainly. Whatever it is, they are very muted this year. Oh well.