joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Octorcher or Roctober 2023 Discussion Thread

Damage In Tolland

52 minutes ago, dendrite said:

image.jpeg

image.png

That map looks more realistic.  Traveled to the Champlain Valley this evening and the foliage was lagging sharply from Waterbury onward to BTV.  Lots of green.

But it is coming.  The color just enveloped Stowe from the N/NE… it will keep moving out into the north/central  New England valleys, and then southeast in SNE toward the coast.  Higher elevations first. 

54 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I like how close this tropical system is now coming over the weekend , seems to almost merge with the weekend disturbance (just north of us) . That tropical entity has been trending west for days 

Also weenie hour 6z gfs nearly has us nearly pounding snow 

Ya I've been watching it the last few days.. could be interesting if things continue 

2 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Ya I've been watching it the last few days.. could be interesting if things continue 

Ok…I guess I’m out of the loop on this, but is this the reason some modeling is showing another big amount of rain this upcoming weekend again?  Might be merging with some type of a tropical entity? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This made my morning.  Clowns.  They wanted the THUNDER, and they GOT THE THUNDER and THE LIGHTNING and THE WIND.

Tooling around tornado country in some low level sedan type vehicle...Plus it looked like they had no idea how to interpret the radar or what was even right next to them. 

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I like how close this tropical system is now coming over the weekend , seems to almost merge with the weekend disturbance (just north of us) . That tropical entity has been trending west for days 

Also weenie hour 6z gfs nearly has us nearly pounding snow 

Nothing has me remotely intrigued in terms of imminent sensible weather, but I like what I see in terms of pattern evolution at this stage FWIW.

• Like 2