• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Yet Another Round of Rains(9/29-9/30) for SNE. Will it be Benign, Big, Or Biblical this go around?

WinterWolf

6 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47wv7cj160c0mgcs5pj1z

Actually so much more of the job now is explaining to decision makers what the realistic goal posts are for an event like this. So you have to be willing to put it out there when the alarm bells are ringing. The secret is that the EM community understands what it means when you offer a 90th percentile forecast.

Agreed. Good points.

BOX said 2-3 inches here. At 3” here already. So a bust there for them. Unless of course we get no more rain from this? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It was 2 days ago, but yeah... It was inconsistent before that.  It really honed more than the others on the 18z run 2 days ago.

It was too far east initially, trying to jack eastern MA. High res models did a pretty good job with the axis over the past 2 days. 

West is definitely best. Not even a tenth here so far. 

8 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

It was too far east initially, trying to jack eastern MA. High res models did a pretty good job with the axis over the past 2 days. 

West is definitely best. Not even a tenth here so far. 

pretty good gradient.  You and I are not terribly far from one another and we're just now approaching an inch

37 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

You guys may find this shocking but ...the models are bring rain a week from Saturday

It's going to rain then in Plymouth, NH. Guarantee it. I'm going to be at a big event up there. Today was supposed to be some set up for tomorrow's event here. It's been pouring off and on. 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Well yeah.. but 9:00

Over / under 5”? 2.18” so far 

One more batch and then I think heaviest is done. This thing is hard to predict. You'll likely be well over 3" and maybe near or over 4" if tonight has steady stuff. I see OCNL rains into tomorrow. Wild card might be what happens to that stuff getting SW CT. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

1.81” here. GFS looks wild tonight 

Agree... while heavy / excessive totals are unusually limited in coverage as one would expect, the frequency of these locally excessive events since July has been amazing.  And I do think the big storm frequency will carry over into the cold season, especially Jan/Feb.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Although Kev stuff seems to like to redevelop along 925-850 LLJ so something to watch for 4"+. Funny little Stein slot near HVN. 

It just keeps redeveloping overhead. Kind of reminds me of that Morch firehose storm . Deep easterly inflow just wrings out the precip. Up to 2.50” . I’m thinking close 5-6” when it’s all said and done. Also.. closing in on a a foot of rain this month. Last 3 out of 4 months double digits one 14”. Just insane 

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, FXWX said:

Agree... while heavy / excessive totals are unusually limited in coverage as one would expect, the frequency of these locally excessive events since July has been amazing.  And I do think the big storm frequency will carry over into the cold season, especially Jan/Feb.

Hope you’re right . I am very worried about a mild dry suppressed winter 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It just keeps redeveloping overhead. Kind of reminds me of that Morch firehose storm . Deep easterly inflow just wrings out the precip. Up to 2.50” . I’m thinking close 5-6” when it’s all said and done. Also.. closing in on a a foot of rain this month. Last 3 out of 4 months double digits one 14”. Just insane 

I know how rain excites you. 

what was 14”? Julorch?

• Weenie 1