Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2023

wdrag

2 minutes ago, dWave said:

Yeah not the "warm" day advertised at all. Sure a mild late Oct day but relative to this week and the forecast its cool, breezy overcast day. Chilly if you dressed for 70s.

looks to clear from NW to SE but too little too late for big warmth.  Maybe tomorrow.

On 10/25/2023 at 10:34 PM, Franklin0529 said:

Yea I was out on Monday an caught so many fish our arms were tired an went home. Some fish 40# an bigger. 

Anything you could keep? We won't go out at our age and crank til we die just to release everything. FTW, first they are too small to keep and now they are too big. We are close to just having it shut down again like the 80s. i do have a bonus tag.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tatamy said:

This would be a hurricane moving up from the NW Caribbean that hits Florida and then moves up the east coast and draws in cold air resulting in lights out for New England.  Weenie candy anyways.

Never mind that; there are some pretty big sharks feeding on those blues and bass. There are guys who kayak fish for sharks right off Coney Island. I've seen big threshers breach there myself.

25 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Clear blue skies and bright sun for the past 90 minutes or so, temp up to 73 IMBY, up to 75 at Legoland in Goshen.

funny to the south in Westchester it’s been overcast all day and 60s. I see the clearing line approaching us now, but it probably is too late for the warmth.

That Lego land is brutal in the sunshine and heat. Needed a few more trees or awnings when they built it.

2 hours ago, weatherpruf said:

Anything you could keep? We won't go out at our age and crank til we die just to release everything. FTW, first they are too small to keep and now they are too big. We are close to just having it shut down again like the 80s. i do have a bonus tag.

Yes definitely some slot fish mixed in. Lots of fun an we all brought some food home for the table. Raritan bay loaded with bunker, can't miss all the boat traffic 

Despite a cloudy start, temperatures again reach much above normal levels today. Highs included:

Albany: 80° (old record: 79°, 1963)
Baltimore: 82° (tied record set in 1963)
Binghamton: 77° (old record: 73°, 1991)
Boston: 79°
Islip: 74°
New York City: 74°
Newark: 77°
Washington, DC: 82°

Tomorrow will see temperature peak. Readings will likely reach the upper 70s and lower 80s into southern and central New England.

A weak cold front will bring showers and cooler weather on Sunday. Monday will remain fairly mild and perhaps somewhat warmer than Sunday, but much colder air will overspread the region late Monday or Monday night. Afterward, the coldest air of the season will cover the region to end October and begin November.

October is solidly on track to finish as a warmer than normal month. Since 1950, only a single El Niño event with a monthly ENSO R3.4 anomaly of +1.00°C or above was warmer than normal in New York City during October: 2015 (sample size: 6). If one lowers the ENSO R3.4 anomaly to +0.75°C or above, only two 2/12 (17%) of El Niño cases saw a warmer than normal October in New York City: 1963 and 2015. Both years saw warm Octobers followed by warm Novembers.  

The ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly was +2.3°C and the Region 3.4 anomaly was +1.6°C for the week centered around October 18. For the past six weeks, the ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly has averaged +2.57°C and the ENSO Region 3.4 anomaly has averaged +1.57°C. El Niño conditions will likely continue to strengthen into the fall with the current East-based event transitioning to a basinwide El Niño for the upcoming winter. That transition is currently underway.

The SOI was -5.22 today.

The preliminary Arctic Oscillation (AO) was -0.425 today.

On October 24 the MJO was in Phase 7 at an amplitude of 1.121 (RMM). The October 23-adjusted amplitude was 1.009 (RMM).

Based on sensitivity analysis applied to the latest guidance, there is an implied near 100% probability that New York City will have a warmer than normal October (1991-2020 normal). October will likely finish with a mean temperature near 60.3° (2.4° above normal).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, psv88 said:

What? It was 76 today, widespread 70s, that’s not cool in any season. 

Not that cut and dry.

Most of the day by me was cloudy, there were even some sprinkles, and we were in 60s. Finally cleared just before 3pm. One of the posters up in Goshen had sun and 80s.

People should stop denigrating people on this board. Its ridiculous. The guy isnt lying