Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tropical Storm Ophelia—Tropical Storm Warning for Coastal Mid-Atlantic

WxWatcher007

10 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Pretty ho hum so far. Hope we can manage another round of sustained rain this afternoon or a lot of these rainfall forecasts are in trouble.

KDOX radar and the eastern side of the KLWX radar scope seems to support heavy rain incoming in the coming hours. We'll see how it rotates in and if it sustains. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Outages around the area are definitely higher than earlier - but really nothing significant. We'll see how things fare as we get into the afternoon as the system works its way up towards us. 

The wind is getting noticeable stronger here in AA County. I live in a wooded area. It goes from calm and silent to hearing a gust coming through the forest from the SE. It's becoming more frequent and stronger. 

10 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Pretty ho hum so far. Hope we can manage another round of sustained rain this afternoon or a lot of these rainfall forecasts are in trouble.

Already over the one inch mark here, band keeps expanding overhead so hasn’t let up at all since 8am

• Like 1

Just now, dailylurker said:

The wind is getting noticeable stronger here in AA County. I live in a wooded area. It goes from calm and silent to hearing a gust coming through the forest from the SE. It's becoming more frequent and stronger. 

Will certainly be interesting to see how the wind forecasts fare. On one hand, the storm is weakening...but there is still that pressure gradient and the system will be getting closer. 

8 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I thought this break was modeled yesterday. If they’re right, should start again early afternoon, another break, then decent rains this evening and overnight. 

Wait and see I guess. But plenty to do in the meantime. :drunk:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I thought this break was modeled yesterday. If they’re right, should start again early afternoon, another break, then decent rains this evening and overnight. 

Wait and see I guess. But plenty to do in the meantime. :drunk:

Exactly!     We're right where we are supposed to be in terms of rainfall through mid-morning.   Another round of heavier rain is clearly approaching from the southeast now, with more bands later today.    I think that the time to really watch is late tonight and early Sunday.    Remnant tropical systems often overperform big-time with rains close to the center during the night.    Several consecutive runs of the NAM Nest show this idea:

image.thumb.gif.b5d12b5c907a3bfbd2ccd878a3b8846b.gif

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Will certainly be interesting to see how the wind forecasts fare. On one hand, the storm is weakening...but there is still that pressure gradient and the system will be getting closer. 

Looks like a fire hose setting up to our SE, and headed our way. Seems to be a lot of convective stuff firing from Salisbury, N&E. It might get pretty wet here soon. The rain is picking up here. 

• Like 1

Exactly!     We're right where we are supposed to be in terms of rainfall through mid-morning.   Another round of heavier rain is clearly approaching from the southeast now, with more bands later today.    I think that the time to really watch is late tonight and early Sunday.    Remnant tropical systems often overperform big-time with rains close to the center during the night.    Several consecutive runs of the NAM Nest show this idea:

I could see this being an overperformer, if anything. It’s a weakening system, but it’s not often we have a tropical system moving straight off the Atlantic and up 95 lol. Satellite looks phenomenal: https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/sector_band.php?sat=G16&sector=ne&band=GEOCOLOR&length=12
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

KDOX radar and the eastern side of the KLWX radar scope seems to support heavy rain incoming in the coming hours. We'll see how it rotates in and if it sustains. 

38 minutes ago, high risk said:

But we don’t have 2” of rain yet, so you’re supposed to meh this thing.

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic