• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Lee--Glorified Nor'Easter or Legit Tropical? Near Miss or Direct Hit?

WxWatcher007

Throughout the whole evolution of LEE the Global models for the most part have been spot-on with the track. Intensity (expected) hiccuped a couple of times.
Back 8 days ago the a pole-ward track would commence , location of the hurricane approx. at 25N 65W. Well modeled! Divergence persists.
Here we are...pick your poison, the slower movement especially as LAT is gained should concern everyone. A wobble one way or the other, HUGE
If that W' ward hook continues on future runs.
RUT-ROH (Ginx)
I remember NOEL. Many of us chased down to Chatham, that was fun...       

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Which is a red flag to keep expectations in check. I said a few days ago the path to the most impactful wind around here was through a quick extratropical transition.

Winds are still expanding and it's absolutely going ET with fronts at our latitude. This system is huge watch how fast the winds broaden as it gets here. Of course you are far inland and effects are always meh with near Cape storms wind wise. But anyone with decent elevation and anyone within 75 miles of the Cape should get at minimum gusts to 55.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If we can rip 50- 60 here I’ll likely stay put. That’ll satisfy my damage fetish with wet grounds and leaves on trees 

Go to the Cape dude, way more exciting.  Sure, you might get some ok gusts in Tolland at your elevation but the Cape is the place to chase.  
I expect a mostly dry, breezy weekend in the CRV. 

• Like 2

So we’re locked in right….No more changes between now and Saturday.  If anything it goes east right.  Boring and not much but breezy conditions with a few sprinkles and peaks of sun on Saturday inland, and tropical storm conditions on the cape and islands for SNE.  That’s pretty much what the folks in the know here are conveying currently right.  Makes sense. 

Absolutely poring here currently…Thats a shocker this summer.   

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

So we’re locked in right….No more changes between now and Saturday.  If anything it goes east right.  Boring and not much but breezy conditions with a few sprinkles and peaks of sun on Saturday inland, and tropical storm conditions on the cape and islands for SNE.  That’s pretty much what the folks in the know here are conveying currently right.  Makes sense. 

Absolutely poring here currently…Thats a shocker this summer.   

Beer?

• Haha 3