Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Met Autumn 2023 Banter

bristolri_wx

12 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Anyone have a Peacock log-in they would be willing to share so I can watch the game?

If you wanna risk the ads and adware you can use thestreameast . to before game time. I use ios and don’t really worry about the ads. I wouldn’t dare use it on my pc. Just be prepared for some possible boobies.

• Like 3

you know what the worst thing about peacock?  You can't project content with an HDMI port to an external display.   It's mind boggling.  And in my case, my Dell laptop running Ubuntu won't even let me play content locally, because the device itself has an HDMI port. 

Why does anyone even care about how good a winter overall is? Why can't we just hope for a good storm and if it doesn't happen move on to the next chance instead of reflecting on the season all the time? I just don't understand the function of consistently setting bars that must be met to keep the winter at an acceptable level and otherwise "giving up" on it. Its not like a winter season is an ill patient we must keep alive with snow and cold. It's just a happening that we're powerless against so it sort of begets depression and stress in my mind to think about it like something of value that can be lost or gained. I tend to look at the big picture only briefly after a season is over and then move onto the next one so as not to torture myself. Call me a stoic if you want but those are just my thoughts.

• Like 8
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Lot of emphasis was placed on this period producing, We’re starting to get into some bad territory for salvaging a decent avg winter, Not saying it can’t be done, But it looks like we are heading into another warmup which will now take us into February to produce.

Lots of denial 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

To be fair, this hasn’t looked good in days, so this shouldn’t really be a surprise to those who have been realistic.

Im sure wolfie will be in shortly to tell everyone it’s still 5 days away and anything can happen, off hour runs, etc etc etc 

Perhaps the rainbow and lollipop crew are starting to sniff reality. I got dragged a couple days ago for simply opining things didn’t look so good. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, NoCORH4L said:

A few weeks of actual cold with nickel and dimes should be considered a win, no? 

If we end up at 30% of climo probably not, but the point is well taken. It’s too much work being miserable for weeks on end when winter wx isn’t meeting expectations. You just have to take it as it comes. Radical thought I know.