Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wake Me Up When September Ends..Obs/Diso

40/70 Benchmark

43 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’ll be there if we have a shit winter again.

:lol: A scantily clothed scooter hunched over on a sidewalk in a remote village, rocking back and forth feeding the monkies while murmuring to himself....."they stole my circle jerk"..."they stole my circle jerk". Concerned natives continue to gather around conversing amongst themselves in native tongue...

• Haha 8

9 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

:lol: A scantily clothed scooter hunched over on a sidewalk in a remote village, rocking back and forth feeding the monkies while murmuring to himself....."they stole my circle jerk"..."they stole my circle jerk". Concerned natives continue to gather around conversing amongst themselves in native tongue...

While intermittently saying "All I wanted was high pressure" and "we knew." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Looks like it's clearing rapidly near the NH/MA border though.

It may persist in NE Mass a bit longer ...

I mean you're right by sat, west of there, but there's a pretty persistent NE jet along and off the Maine coast that's moving across those weirdly warmer than normal SSTs, and it's creating OES enhanced strata field.

There's always a detail to fu up a solution -

6 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

As modeled, I think the GFS is too warm for the weekend. 

I said my piece earlier.  

If the over-top high pressure continues to combined with that odd mid level height implosion tendency over the M/A, any warm up in the deterministic runs cannot be trusted.  They'll start kicking the can.

Which, it may be that said guidance' et al are breaking that large scale scaffolding too fast - 'nother way to look at it.

Nope, we're well on our way to the warmest September ever with cold hands during the afternoons :axe:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Sunday looks warm

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I said my piece earlier.  

If the over-top high pressure continues to combined with that odd mid level height implosion tendency over the M/A, any warm up in the deterministic runs cannot be trusted.  They'll start kicking the can.

Which, it may be that said guidance' et al are breaking that large scale scaffolding too fast - 'nother way to look at it.

Nope, we're well on our way to the warmest September ever with cold hands during the afternoons :axe:

I haven't looked too heavily but I thought it seemed a bit weird how the GFS warms 850/925 Saturday and Sunday despite a flow which did not seem favorable. I would figure we would want to see at least even a weak westerly flow in the warm llvls to advect the airmass over the OV in. 

Now...it does look like there could be some over the top spillage into northern New England but I also question whether we'll mix as deep as the GFS is suggesting. 

you know ... this occurs to me more and more as we age further along into climate apocalypse...

Does some of the autumn cooling in the hemisphere actually start under these statically stranded cloud fields like this.  Weak/weakening sun by day, and the clouds steadily radiate heat away from their tops, and en masse, the air column cools as dew fallout from the bottom, and respiration/evaporation cools from the top.  It's like an environmental feed back that given time, cools in the absence of a CAA event. 

Because 850s are like +10.  With full sun, we'd be 73 probably, but we keep getting colder underneath this synoptically decoupled saturated dungeon.

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I haven't looked too heavily but I thought it seemed a bit weird how the GFS warms 850/925 Saturday and Sunday despite a flow which did not seem favorable. I would figure we would want to see at least even a weak westerly flow in the warm llvls to advect the airmass over the OV in. 

Now...it does look like there could be some over the top spillage into northern New England but I also question whether we'll mix as deep as the GFS is suggesting. 

Yeah, me neither.  But we'll see.

I'm not trying to be heavy handed, just observations of the runs versus where we are now... The extrapolation and experience, together, sort of pump the breaks.  If things change, they change -

That said, the D6+ Euro and GGEM were pretty coherently stopping the cold source while elevating the lower troposheric thermal medium. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It may persist in NE Mass a bit longer ...

I mean you're right by sat, west of there, but there's a pretty persistent NE jet along and off the Maine coast that's moving across those weirdly warmer than normal SSTs, and it's creating OES enhanced strata field.

There's always a detail to fu up a solution -

Yea, I am probably porked.