• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wake Me Up When September Ends..Obs/Diso

40/70 Benchmark

2 days of clouds, but today is gorgeous and full sunshine. The foliage just jumped into high gear. It started slowly turning with the first hints about a month ago. Over the past month the green has been fading out and some of the Maples have popped but nothing to write home about. Over the last 3 days everything has dramatically sped up and the color change when I woke up these last few mornings has been dramatically obvious. I can see it being peak color here heading into next weekend. The weather is going to be above normal and dry so it will be great for leaf peeping. Should still have some sort of color left up here by Columbus Day Weekend but it will be past peak by then. Usually the first frost drives the foliage into high gear. We didn't really have one at ground level, but Alex said he saw frost on the roof of one of his properties, so it did get frosty at foliage level. Full-speed ahead!!!

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Thank God stein is here for awhile after this crap. 

Luckily just some light stuff overnight, but looks like it may fill in. Foliage will certainly be ass. 

Maybe not.

"mild days and cool nights Wednesday and Thursday,

then there is uncertainty how long the dry weather will persist,

with a chance of showers Friday into Saturday. Dry, mild weather

likely to return Sunday.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Not that many acorns. Only one species really dropping a lot this fall 

Tons of acorns down here in the woods.  Lots of different species.  Not very many from the giant red oak near our driveway though.   Absolute bumper crop of hickory nuts this year.

Like you've noticed, most leaves around here look like crap.  Brown or spotted and diseased looking.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, metagraphica said:

Tons of acorns down here in the woods.  Lots of different species.  Not very many from the giant red oak near our driveway though.   Absolute bumper crop of hickory nuts this year.

Like you've noticed, most leaves around here look like crap.  Brown or spotted and diseased looking.

Acorns all over here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cold Miser said:

Scott has been towing the crappy weather line all summer, and now into the fall.  Dude needs a 30 inch coastal within the next 4 months or he's gonna swan dive off of the Tobin. 

based on his posts over the last several days, he is already standing on the railing with one foot over the edge.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I just said to my wife this morning that I am really getting pissed at this weather. It's ruined so many weekends this summer and just continues.

I think this was inconsistently distributed at whole region scale. 
… I recall a lot of decent weekends up here. I also recall some having thunderstorms or rain episodes.  I have had very few total washouts though..

By and large it seem to be pretty much weeks and weekends just were above normal rainfall for any summer.