Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wake Me Up When September Ends..Obs/Diso

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

That’s awful. There‘s been a lot of life altering flash floods in this region from slow moving storms this summer. IDK what the data says but it feels anomalous. 

Eric Fisher is saying it’s a once in 200 year event tonight. If we get a bunch of rain from Lee, as saturated as everything already is, it’s gonna be a long weekend.

• Like 1

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

That’s awful. There‘s been a lot of life altering flash floods in this region from slow moving storms this summer. IDK what the data says but it feels anomalous. 

It’s been incredible.  I think it was some place in the mountains of Maine (not far from Tamarack) that months ago had localized 5-7” rains that washed out everything.  I remember thinking that’s wild, don’t see that very often.

Then for the next 2-3 months we saw slow moving clusters/convection drop localized 100-200 year rainfall totals.  All over New England.  Every state, every zone, has experienced high excessive rainfall.

You wonder if this has been the most impactful warm season in terms of water damage from flash flooding around New England?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

‘Catastrophic’ flooding hits Libya as dam collapse washes neighborhoods into sea, say officials … thousands feared dead…

Attribution science’ll have a field day out of that one … tho admittedly, Libya being a desert region does send a moment of pause  

Medicane made landfall there 

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It’s been incredible.  I think it was some place in the mountains of Maine (not far from Tamarack) that months ago had localized 5-7” rains that washed out everything.  I remember thinking that’s wild, don’t see that very often.

Then for the next 2-3 months we saw slow moving clusters/convection drop localized 100-200 year rainfall totals.  All over New England.  Every state, every zone, has experienced high excessive rainfall.

You wonder if this has been the most impactful warm season in terms of water damage from flash flooding around New England?

I know there’s been several “entire months of rain fell in 4hrs” stories this warm season. Could be a function of being better connected by technology and in real time so we hear about local events more often and quickly, but that can’t be the main reason. It’s been really wet overall with a lot of slow moving non tropical cyclones mixed in. Need some data though to back up what my eyes have seen. 

42 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

‘Catastrophic’ flooding hits Libya as dam collapse washes neighborhoods into sea, say officials … thousands feared dead…

Attribution science’ll have a field day out of that one … tho admittedly, Libya being a desert region does send a moment of pause  

https://x.com/ayoubrma14/status/1701394058881491289?s=46&t=XiRWubWbpExod2fEMVycpA