Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2023

Stormlover74

12 hours ago, FPizz said:

I was in Piscataway for that cell.  It was the most hail I've ever seen.  It lasted about 10 minutes.  I would say it was about moth ball sized with some larger

Screenshot_20230909_215943_Photos.jpg

Definitely one of my favorite t-storms ever yesterday due to all the hail. It's the most I've ever seen too. I have some of the hailstones in the freezer. 

Meanwhile a nice soaking this morning. I'm already over a half inch. Our very wet summer continues. Amazing that I've been mowing almost every week the last couple months. The grass continues to grow almost as if it's spring ... so different than the burnt out grass we usually have in summer.  It has been a long time since we've had anything like this. 

• Like 1

Just now, WestBabylonWeather said:

Hopefully the south shore of LI get something today

It’s firing on the north shore it seems

Doesn’t look likely. Storms firing 2-3 miles to my north all week. Incredibly consistent pattern all within a few miles all week. 

im convinced it’s all about the frictional convergence causing the storms to fire north of the LIE after instability builds over 8-9 miles of land. Not sure how else to explain it

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Doesn’t look likely. Storms firing 2-3 miles to my north all week. Incredibly consistent pattern all within a few miles all week. 

im convinced it’s all about the frictional convergence causing the storms to fire north of the LIE after instability builds over 8-9 miles of land. Not sure how else to explain it

Wondering because we have soccer games later (4pm) but these thunderstorms on the Jersey shore look like they’re gonna stay to our west which has been the prevailing theme the last few days. Consensus seems to be its either tonight or not happening at all. 

70 / 67 rain and cloudy.  What a difference from Labor day weekend.  Rain looks locked in or a few more hours.  Not sure of any realu substantive clearing today and ma be locked in the 70s.   More  showers Mon drier Tue before trough comes through Wed (9/13) with more storms rain.  Dry and sun by Thu (9/14) and looking like a very nice weekend 9/16 - 9/17.     Lee stay right .  Beyond there ridging into the east in the beyond for perhaps a late season / early fall warmth.

GOES16-EUS-02-1000x1000.gif 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SACRUS said:

Great question as the normal sites havent reported rainfall since Friday.  Mabe they'll update soon.  New Brunswck site is also down.

Not airport sites, but there are brand new 1, 3, 6, and 24 precip maps on the new NJWxNet map page here: https://www.njweather.org/maps/

Just select the desired maps in the "map layers" sidebar. Here's 6 hr precip. Over an inch at my home in Somerset from this morning's rain:

image.thumb.png.a787890d50f458b79876157ac98a413a.png

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Incredible how it’s bone dry in this area. Pouring due north, west, south. Never seen anything like it 

We had about 11 drops here but that looks to be about it for the day. Ripe with jealousy 

• Weenie 1