Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Discobs 2023

George BM

9 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

This snip from the 90-day departure from UMD's Rainfall Departure Map shows the stark disparity of rainfall within just Mont Co, from 3-4 inches above in the far south to -2 inches and worse in the north and west.  And I can say it's wayyy worse than -2 in my spot.  Crazy!

image.png.b329f1740f877c9488e1c0728b9b3cbf.png

Its gotten better here with around 3.5” MTD compared to 2” in July and 1” June. But we have a long way to go before we dig ourselves out of this hole. 

I do think we will have a warmer and wetter than normal autumn, though. 

3 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

We’re doing our deep creek weekend early this year…Sep 22-25. I figure there should be some color but probably still 2-3 weeks before peak?

Yeah, it’ll depend on temps next month, especially the lows. There should be some color but yeah, peak is usually around the 3rd week of October. 

3 hours ago, nj2va said:

Yeah, it’ll depend on temps next month, especially the lows. There should be some color but yeah, peak is usually around the 3rd week of October. 

Well GFS thinks we’re gonna get stuck in the upper 90s and low 100s starting next Saturday :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

Hard to function out there between the aggressive invasive tiger skeeters from Asia and the humidity. I can eradicate the natives in the early Spring, but these bastards can continue to breed in a drought.

We noticed a lot more stinger bugs out at the pool today, too

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jrlg1181 said:

Missed a nice shower by about 400 yards , so my little spot in nw Boro remains at a 2 month total of 3.26... Dry ain't the right word anymore.. Shower developed just to my west and drifted SE...

Screenshot_20230826_193159_Gallery.jpg

And just missed a 2nd time this evening about 400 yards again to my east, it just won't rain here...picked up .02

Screenshot_20230826_225406_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

At 12z the 3k NAM nest predicted .18" rain thru Tuesday for my neck of the woods. Now at 18z it predicts 5.05" in the next 24 hrs.

Without a doubt, a Flood Warning will be issued tomorrow afternoon..................... Heaviest rain 10 am - 4 pm.  

A few days ago I believed only the GFS and ECM were on steroids..............................

At this point, I'm just rooting for some clouds.  

We do clouds and breeze extremely well in Frederick especially post-frontal system due to the remnant moisture/mixing in place…but rain? Nah, this pattern is pretty similar to any other pattern out west on the lee side of the mountains (front range included). I think what we need is some Atlantic blocking and a return flow of moisture similar to how those places score. Relying on these little northern stream vorts isn’t working aside from hit/miss stuff.

We noticed a lot more stinger bugs out at the pool today, too

I’ve come across some tiny biting black bugs recently while shooting hoops at one of the courts I go to. I don’t recall that being a thing before. They’re like little beetles or maybe pirate bugs. I don’t think they’re no-see-ums, but they’re so small it’s difficult to tell exactly what they are.

45 minutes ago, fujiwara79 said:

It's crazy how IAD has so many more 90+ degree highs than DCA this summer.  Maybe the drier soil out that way?  I don't think I've seen such a huge disparity in 90-degree days between those two airports.

We are absolutely baking out here.  Have been since the latter part of June.  

39 minutes ago, midatlanticweather said:

This picture continues the yellow lawn! Not good! Maybe we can improve it! The return to above normal and dry weather the following week is going to start to get me more worried! We need rain! 

wpc_qpf_168h_p.us_state_de_md.png

Local rivers near me “hazel” and the Rappahannock are dry and for the most part hardly any flowing water. Don’t recall seeing that in the 30 years being here. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic