• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2023 General Discussion

Chambana

Low at ORD this morning was 81.  If this holds through midnight (actually, even if it stays at 79+), it will be the warmest min on record for so late in the season.  Next closest is 78 on 8/27/2020.
We'll have to see if any storms or the lake-enhanced front brings the temp down before midnight.

It’s not gonna hold, no chance at this one.

8 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

Just hit 100° at ORD.

First 100°+ day since 7/6/2012.

Nice. Also looks like there have only been 4 days [in 3 years] with 100+ readings later in the calendar year. It was 101 on September 1 & 2, 1953, and 100 on September 7, 1939 & September 7, 1960. For the record, it was also 100 on this date in 1947.

10 hours ago, SolidIcewx said:

That’s awesome to hear! This is a hell of a MCS especially with its southwest movement. Had my son and fiancé text me in the middle of the night and can’t sleep. I said same thing down in Ohio lol. Still going currently not looking forward to driving in tropical downpours 

This group of storms hit my place hard at 0756z apparently, and moved west, slowly, and weakened. Toledo area got 2-3" . Areas west of Toledo had much less rainfall. 

The newest HRRR run shows the cap breaks big time in Michigan from hour 5 to hour 6.

heavy rainfall amounts.jpg

radar ot 0756z.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chinook said:

This group of storms hit my place hard at 0756z apparently, and moved west, slowly, and weakened. Toledo area got 2-3" . Areas west of Toledo had much less rainfall.

heavy rainfall amounts.jpg

radar ot 0756z.jpg

I was on the northern up edge.  I could tell many cells were basically initiating right over head.  I got several 10 second huge rain drop downpours tons of  brilliant CC lightning overhead but only ended up with a bit over an 1" of rain.  I would have loved to have gotten that that 7.36" total.  So close but yet so far  :lol:.   It was definitely enjoyable last night :popcorn: